Recently received MedSep and beginning new life on the road!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fatum1965, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Fatum1965

Fatum1965 DDD

After nearly 11 years in the service I finally received my Medical Seperation due to an injury incurred on deployment in 2013. Started getting into the survival community a couple years back after having found myself in many unfavorable situations throughout the world. As well as being an active outdoorsman and avid climber it seemed to be the perfect fit. Living on the road has presented its own set of obstacles but life couldn’t be more fun. I’m working on building the ultimate bug out bag money can buy for my personal needs and am looking forward to getting support from fellow survivalist in the form of information. Hoping to grow friendships/bonds while networking through the forum. DDD

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome aboard, pick out a nice limb and hang out on the tree. Lots to see here, sorta like an archeological dig, it's here, just needs to be found. Methinks you need an INCH bag more than a bob ---

DuxDawg, Zimmy, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Welcome to the Monkey @Fatum1965 I think you found the right place.
    I think that living on the road would be really educational and one would learn what is necessary and what isn't. People tend to collect "stuff" when they settle in one place.

DuxDawg, Zimmy, sec_monkey and 5 others like this.
  4. AMEN! Motomom 34 knows. "Junk expands to fill the available space" I modestly call this Marv's theorem. Feel free to quote it.

Zimmy, GOG, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!!

GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey!!

7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think you will find it rather pleasing here with lots of knowledgeable, insightful people of many backgrounds, many ex-military like yourself too. I'm ex-army, 8 years, Staff Sergeant, Signal Corps and am also an ex-climber (was a true addiction), rock, alpine, ice, still have the gear in the garage, don't have the heart to get rid of it. So, you see, you'll fit right in! Welcome!

sec_monkey, GOG, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  9. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

A very big welcome. Yes as the others have said lots of information to be found here. Do you have a RV, else the road is truly hard.

GOG, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Fatum1965

Fatum1965 DDD

I actually purchased a new 2017 Nissan NV200 (cargo van) last year and built it into a camper. Decided to take a year and live the nomad lifestyle with my girl and two dogs.

2DB9D1F6-C54E-487A-BEEE-87953DF64A32.

8E645425-B572-44A6-9544-7AF56E255F99.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Zimmy, Witch Doctor 01, GOG and 3 others like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

To bad they didn't make it in 4X4.... with a nice PTO winch on the front...

GOG, Ura-Ki and Fatum1965 like this.
  12. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome to our small corner of the internet world @Fatum1965 .. Good friends to be found and a huge reserve of knowlege to be tapped..

13. Fatum1965

Fatum1965 DDD

That was actually my first thought when I started looking but I focused more on the fuel economy instead as Moby (van name) gets 26 mpg and has an impressive 100,000 mile warranty. Funny thing though, just last weekend I got it stuck in wet grass. It’s definitely a road warrior only.

GOG and Motomom34 like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Fatum1965 You would have liked my 1955 Dodge PowerWagon Panel Truck.... Had a 5Ton PTO Winch in the I Beam Front Bumper... Courted Momma in that ride, 40+ Years ago... Back then MPG wasn't an issue... Our ride NOW is a 2006 White Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Pickup which we are adding a Canopy to this April for a month long Road Trip from Seattle to Texas and back...

15. Fatum1965

Fatum1965 DDD

Sounds like an incredible trip, you’ll have to reach out to me when you hit the road. I would love to meet up for coffee.

16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've been thinking of hittin the road for a while. I figure maybe a year or so. Gonna work hard , put back a few bucks , pick up a cheap small motor home , rebuild it to make it dependable , hook up a small enclosed trailer to pull my Harley and a 4 wheeler , and get lost. Try to finish my home remodel job here , let the daughter stay here and take care of the place , and go see what I ain't seen.
    Welcome to the tree.

17. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

You're right there Motomom. I figure the stuff I've collected might be good to hide behind when the SHTF , and dodgin bullets , protecting the beans. :ROFLMAO:

GOG, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have wanted to live nomad style but the kids veto'ed that idea. I think it would be a nice way to explore and meet your countrymen. What are those red, green, yellow banners?

sec_monkey, GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Fatum1965

Fatum1965 DDD

I picked those up in Nepal, there prayer flags for a safe journey.

GOG, Ura-Ki, Dont and 2 others like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome aboard, former A.F Senior Chief Master Sarg, P.J! Retired 2008 after my 20. Tried the road life off and on, it sure does have it good and bad.
    Plenty of good folk here in a nice and relaxed envro, pick out a branch and swing through our tree!

1. AgentPickle
  2. OlDiceGames
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Prepsteader13
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Alanaana
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Thunder5Ranch
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Coyote Ridge