Refrigerators for off grid

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Kingfish, Dec 25, 2010.

1. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

The Engel Freezer/fridge unit is a very good unit and that the unit i'm going with for the socaled freezer set up to hold frozen food's for me ..

Because of beening single i do not like the socalled wasted size of the regular fridge unit because of all the not used space inside the place so i went with small 3.2 sized fridge unit for everyday use in the cabin along with not really keeping that many thing's inside the fridge in real life ..so the size should work perfect

the freezer and fridge unit are going to be set up on stand's like this one in the picture with one one has open large stowage rack under it for item's and the fridge unit has two large mesh drawer's for supplie's as need in them for everyday use in the cabin when liveing there full time. ..
    PlatinumelfaMeshFrdgCrt_xl.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Propane weights in the same neighborhood, and 1/2 density, as gasoline, and water... so roughly 4 LBS/USG, plus the Tank weight... We move ours around with forklifts.... or they are on trailers.... The disconnects for standard propane systems, just use a reverse thread POI, that you turn with a 7/8 ths end wrench. Maybe 8 to 10 turns, and takes about 45 seconds to undo one. You can get Dual Tank Regulators, that switch between two tanks. So that one tanks is "On Line" while the other is being "Changed Out" for a new or full one... They are not expensive, and any RV or Propane Dealer should have them in stock....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7