1. We are exceedingly sorrowful to report that one of the Founding Members has passed on. Dee (Righthand) is well remembered as contributing much to the operation of SurvivalMonkey, and is already greatly missed. Little lady, big person.

Regal Breadmaker-yard sale find

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by stg58, May 12, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I picked a Regal model 6750 for $5 at a yard sale today was $10 but they were shutting down and wanted to sell rather than put it away.

It is very clean and still had the manual. Made a loaf of bread today easy to use and it came out fine, a small loaf and the tale end has a mark where the beater sits when it bakes but not a big deal. Love freshly baked bread!

It is rated a 550 watts so it will not be real energy hog, all and all a nice addition.

Edit added:Any feedback or ratings on other brands of breadmakers?

785342h_27.

2. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Nice find! I've considered getting a bread maker, but since it's just me, and it takes me 2 weeks to go through a loaf of bread, it really wouldn't ever pay for itself.
    :rolleyes:

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Except if you can't buy bread.

4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

True.....but hopefully I'd have (or invent/make) an oven that I could use a bread pan in. Besides which, if the SHTF, and I can't find bread to find.....what's the chances that I'd have electricity to run a bread maker?? :sneaky:

5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Looks a lot like my Zojirushi bread maker. Works the treat, the savings come from not going to the store to 'get bread and milk' and coming back with $50 of other groceries. You can use it to mix & raise bread, pizza dough, and bread sticks, saving the Kitchen Maid mixer for other things...

The best thing we found is that you add the ingredients and walk away - later you have fresh bread made while you worked in the garden or other tasks.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7