Remains of 274 Soldiers Dumped in Virginia Landfill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrandpaDave, Dec 8, 2011.

1. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Here's a snippit from the story
    Air Force dumped ashes of more troops’ remains in Va. landfill than acknowledged - The Washington Post=
    Air Force mortuary dumped remains in landfill - YouTube

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

WHY am I not surprised? Toomany people take NO pride in their jobs, regardless of what they may be....It's not just sad, it's an INSULT!
    Someone, needs to be held acountable, but today we seldom see that sort of thing...The people that made the decision to do this will more than likely be promoted! There oughta be a law!

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The dumper did what he was supposed to do with stuff that is labeled "medical waste." Looks like somebody put the wrong tags on the bags deliberately. Time for a head to roll.

4. beast

beast backwoodsman

there needs to be a law...HAHAHAHAHA
    just one more for them to ignore
    laws are for us pieces of **** they call constituents
    a big word that really means slave to the govt

5. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

There should be some common since ,these were soldiers not garbage .
    There should an outrage from all who have served over this .

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

What were they thinking???

Stupid is as stupid does....I agree with Ghrit....some idiot functionary needs to be buried in the landfill instead of the veteran's remains.....maybe then the message might get through.

edit: A clear case of the sum of the parts being deemed less in a hole...for OH&S reasons body parts should be clearly identified as a biohazard for those charged with the responsibility of handling them, but human remains whether complete or incomplete ought not be treated like slaughterhouse offal. Clearly some policy, procedural and personnel changes are in order to prevent a recurrence.

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Stake him out and let the night creatures decide?

:D

8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

First the travesty at Arlington National Cemetery, now this crap...someone needs to be keelhauled on an aircraft carrier...

Gunny Highway likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Folks,

This should be a huge tell to all our boys and girls fighting. It's more of a Freudian slip than anything.

When the government is done with you, you are no longer any use to them. They are nothing more than garbage, refuse.

Off to the land fill.

Only problem is they got caught following SOP.

10. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Ahhh, the great meat grinder exposed. How do you solve economic downturns and so called overpopulation? If you can't control the birth rate, control the death rate.

Capt. Tyree and VisuTrac like this.
  11. Dusty308

Dusty308 Living between the lines

When I heard this I almost threw up. Good God, how disgusting, If I feel this way imagine how the families feel?

Dogfood and Cephus like this.
  12. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

So is this where the "lost" body parts reported in the news a month ago ended up?

13. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE FROM PEOPLE

On a serious note - absolute and total disgrace and someone up tops head should roll - wouldn't surprise me if the very top knew about it....

14. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Yep that was my feeling as well. How can they treat our brothers this way. They give everything in service this is how they are repaid. There are just no words to describe the dishonor of this.

15. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

The dishonor started before they were killed....using our military to fight corporate wars of plunder around the globe. THAT is what folks ought to be really PO'ed about.

16. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Time for a fair trial. I volunteer to be judge, jury and executioner. Sentence of public hanging to be carried out PDQ. Treason should not be tolerated.

jim

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7