Remington Bucket of Bullets

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jim2, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I see that Academy is selling the above listed .22LR ammo. I stopped using Remington ammo when it went to crap in the early 2000's and changed to Winchester. I've heard from others that The Golden Bulllet is still of low quality. Does anyone have current experience with this ammo that is willing to share?

Jim

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sorry Jim2 as most of my .22 is Federal or CCI, actually all of it is as I just check. Someone around here will know about it...

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

A lot of people will tell you it is junk, but it feeds just fine through my Ruger 10/22 and I haven't gotten any misfires, etc.. Obviously should work fine in a bolt action as well.

It isn't exactly CCI, but it seems to work just fine for me.

Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have a Sh!t ton of Golden Saber .22LR and it all runs just fine, even in my Uber Finicky Anshutz and Win mod 52! Very accurate in those two and my Savage MK-II plus the pistols! I also use Fed gold match and CCi Standard Speed stuff extensively and they all seem to work quite well! For the Money, I would get as much Winchester Silver box as you can find, Or Fed Match! I have yet to have any problems with Remington .22LR except the slight increase in Powder fowling ( i.e. unburned flake) which bolt actions don't care about! I do not own a Semi auto .22, so I cannot speak to reliability issues for those using these ammo brands and types! I say if the price is good, Get it!

Sgt Nambu, stg58 and tacmotusn like this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

My .22's eat Remington just fine regardless of action type. I agree that the Rems are a little dirty, but compared to Thunderbolts (yuck, but I've got some) they're positively slick and span! :D

6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I have terrible luck with the rem golds, about 1 in 8 doesn't fire, the casing bends on a lot more, I use a bolt action .22 had one go off midway through working the bolt. About all I can say for the rem golds is they are cheap. Strictly CCI Mini Mags for me maybe 1 in 2000 will misfire, never had the casing deform and they always load smooth and true. And I never want one to go off outside of the barrel again and send the brass and bullet zinging out the ejection port. Damn thing hit a just opened can of beer sitting on the stump beside me :(

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Given the climate of ammo availability, any ammo is good ammo...if the price fits your need.
    I never really had too many issues with Rem ammo, but primarily stock Win.

Homer Simpson likes this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If it is reasonable enough, it's worth having for training purposes .

9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The age old debate of 1 shot of definite or 15 shots of maybe :)

10. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Thanks! I prefer Winchester also, but haven't seen any in two years.

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I pass on Remington

12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Can't help on the golden bullets...the only .22 Remington I have are some old yellow jackets...and they do well.
    Most of mine are Federal.

1. natshare
  2. duane
  3. gundog10
  4. OldDude49
  5. AD1
  6. AD1
  7. Legion489
  8. DarkLight
  9. AD1
  10. AD1
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary