Remington vs Tulammo

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Snake_Doctor, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

In an argument with a guy online. 9mm 115 grain RN FMJ. Which is more powerful Remington general purpose/target or Tulammo?

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have no dog in this hunt since I don't own any 9mm's

I'll be moving along now.

STANGF150 likes this.
  3. Wheelsucker

Wheelsucker Out of Airspeed, Altitude & Ideas

I'd bet on Tul but all it takes is a chronograph. I have some Russian steel 9mm (monarch I think) but no Remington right now or I'd test it for you.

4. Snake_Doctor

Thanks wheel. I don't have a chrony and really cant crank off a few rounds in town anyway lol

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

tula by 50fps by comparison of two different tests but I don't have conditions for those done in test 1 link.

9mm Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

Velocity Comparison of Popular 9mm Range Ammo (Chrono Used)

doesn't matter if it were twice as fast.
    If bullet doesn't make contact, it won't matter.

the biggest difference between Tula and a large number of the others is cost.
    due to being steel cased and non reloadable, they wind up being cheaper (when purchased retail)

BTW, you do know that arguing on the internet is a fool's errand right?

tacmotusn likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If 50 fps is the difference between Life and Death, you have many more issues, to deal with, that this... And arguing about it is Pointless.....

7. Snake_Doctor

Thanks visu.
    Of course its pointless. But:
    A,I was right
    B, It's amusing, especially when I'm bored

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

didn't they say boredom was the mother of all invention....o_O

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

No. Nessesity is the mother of invention. It's "idle hands do the Devil's work"

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Dern, guess I got that saying wrong... I will do push-ups for that one. I am not going to have to worry about that "Idle Hands" thing..... my home remodel has my hands mighty full right now.

And back on track, I would go with the Tulammo. I have a 9mm but very little target ammo as I tend to use it. But I have a bunch of Hornady Critical Defense rounds.....

11. Snake_Doctor

Hey, everybody needs a hobby. Annoying people is one of mne.

12. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

personally...im not much on the 50ft bang your dead scenarios...for me its more of a off in the distance pow heard right before they drop from a whole in the head type of thing coming by the way of controlled breathing trigger squeeze from a Remington 700..but thats just me...so i really dont have a answer for ya

13. Snake_Doctor

700 is a good weapon. But is doesn't have the range or power of my old Barrett M82A1. Even although it's only 50 fps it might help cycle the guys slide better than the Remington does. Nice meeting you.

14. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Snake - Not much has the range/power of the Barrett M82A1. Really wish I had an extra $15k laying around ($9-12k for the rifle and the rest for the OMGAWD is that expensive ammo).

15. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

lmao...dont get me wrong i love a .50cal..but thats like comparing a L.A.W. system to a AT4...while both are quite capable...the Barrett will always be the supreme be all end all...wait i guess i just agreed with you...

16. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

dang...leave it to the new guy to lead things completely off topic haha

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  17. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

yeah not to mention...most 185 pounders arent gonna hump that beast around the woods for too long either....ha haaaaa...i knew the 700 had its advantages.

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. Snake_Doctor

I love mine Dark. It is expensive but I have a good, reliable source for it. A few guys were talking in the shout box the other night and ten rounds of .50 BMG API were less than thirty dollars. Don't forget your optics. BTW there was an article in an old shotgun news about a guy who bought a book and built his own .50 from scratch.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  19. Wheelsucker

Wheelsucker Out of Airspeed, Altitude & Ideas

I use the steel stuff in IDPA with no issues. That way I'm not tempted to crawl around on the floor wrestling with the brass whores afterwards. I'll shoot brass when I can recover my empties in a civilized fashion.

20. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have seen this on the range, in direct violation of range rules, and to boot, my brass was reloadable brass and the brass whore scrambling right in front of me stealing my brass was shooting non reloadable steel crap. I had him tossed off the range and got my brass back to boot. The range masters laughed their collective butts off. They went so far as to threaten him with arrest for theft and if he didn't leave immediately, trespass. He bitched about his entrance fee, and I immediately paid it back to him, and waved bye bye. I guess that might be why the range masters gave my brass back.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7