Replacement of commercial medicine

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by aardbewoner, Aug 15, 2023.

1. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

I wonder if there is material about replacement of factory medicine to herbal,this because there is ever more shortages,and most base material en medicines come from china,and some (me to) depend for there life on them. I realize its a impossible task to substitute one on one as the % active in the herbs is never constant,and no doubt more side efects,but its needed to be around a bit longer :)

And i know bad me, to start thinking after a little poo has hit the fan.

Kamp Krap and SB21 like this.
  2. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Sadly there is 75% garbage by self proclaimed apothecaries that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground but claim to have a cure for everything.

A few books I have found to useful and worthwhile.

THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF HERBAL MEDICINE Leather Book

Books: Folk Medicine by Dr. Jarvis

Signed, First Edition & Collectible copies of RHS Encyclopedia of Herbs and Their Uses | ThriftBooks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/7119032607/?tag=survivalmonke-20

SB21 and chelloveck like this.
  3. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Nice links TY will keep me reading. And that`s a very big problem all the crap floating around.

Kamp Krap and SB21 like this.
  4. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Wish I could recommend some of the $7-$40 ones but they tend to be lots of pictures with brief short paragraphs that are less than informative. One I got a few months ago on a whim listed Mullein as a ancient Native American treatment for respiratory problems. The problem with that is.......... It did not arrive in North America until I believe the late 1600s early 1700s and is Native to Europe.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7