Residents Stay to Protect Neighborhood From Looters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostrider, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

2. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

At least some looters are goin' to get the hint that some people are protecting their own property. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of a 12 ga [gun]

3. ghostrider

I probably should have put this up as a poll. Of our 55 members, how many can say" That would have been me."

4. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm betting that the majority of our active members would most likely of stayed and protected the neighborhood we lived in provided we didn't have to protect ailing family members (unless we could of gotten them to safety and gone back).

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I might be one of the ones who had to come back because I would not have stayed in the first place.

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto.

Ghostrider, don't worry. If you get trapped at home I will deliver to you fuel, water, food, and ammo. Even a generator if you need it. It does sound like some of those cajuns were prepared, a good lesson for us all.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What he said. I'll ride "shotgun" if needed.

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I think a lot more people are realizing that there might not be a response from a 911 call anymore and are seeing that there may be atime that they need to take matters into their own hands.

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have to say that weather or not I would have stayed (hypotheticlay as I could not see me EVER liveing below sea level in the first place) would have depended on my elevation and the structure of the house. If I figured the house would stay standing I would be all means stay, if that was fairly questionable then I would likely gather all I could haul and bug out then do my level best to get back in as soon as the storm passed and if the house stood would stay, if not, gather whatever else I could and go from there.

10. ghostrider

What he said.

11. ghostrider

I know you would, and it would also work the other way.

12. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Boys, hate to say it, but inside scoop is that they are going to start enforcing the Mandatory evacuation of the flooded areas today, so watch out, it is going to get ugly!

13. ghostrider

In the news this morning.

14. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hope you can stay out of the line of fire Sniper, I some how see a lot of the folks who rode out a huricane and the looters and flood and so on not takeing well to armed folks dragging them from thier homes or informing them they WILL leave now regardless of what uniform they are wearing. I know I wouldnt if it was me and someone trying to remove me from my home.
    Keep safe and watch your 6.

15. ghrit

Can they really do that? Order you out of your castle? WTF,O? Seems somewhat against a lot of precedent. If they meekly go, watch the suits start. If they don't go, something else is going to hit the fan.

16. E.L.

Now that the mayor has given the order, the Gov. says it has to go through her, and she isn't giving the okay.

Typical. These clowns at the local and state local can't make up their mind once again, they are too busy playing politics and shifting the blame on the feds.

17. ghrit

VA sent 440 folks of various talents to NO, and has taken in some 1000 refugees, or evacuees, or victims, or what ever the current PC term might be. A net gain of only 560 bodies needing water and food. I don't get the point. Allowing for the few totally unable to do anything useful, it seems silly in a way. There are able bodies there able to do something useful with leadership, so send only a cadre. Let the locals save their own bacon, says me. Especially if they don't want to leave.

YMMV, of course. :D

18. E.L.

I think the whole bloody lot should be relocated to Ca., especially San Fran............

19. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I don't know how I feel about this forced evacuation.If it is thugs on the street causing problems that's one thing.But honest American citizens that stayed behind to gaurd thier homes and nieghborhoods?Fending off roving bands of looters and now the Government comes in and forces them to leave.

And what if they resist.
    "We're from the Government, we're here to help." I can see images of Gaza but with guns.This is America,you have the right to decide your own course of action.That means you have the right to be stupid also.If these people want to stay in thier homes then that's thier right to do so.Just don't go crying later on come and feed me,protect me,help me.

Ok, I am (one anyway) the resident conspiracy nut here.I see settlers in Gaza being forced out "For thier own good" and now possibly Americans, I sense a Pahvlovian Dog syndrome here.

Forced evacuations of American citizens just doesn't set well with me.
    What about when it is a food shortage in the mid-west,lets remove those folks for thier own good.Or a peak oil shortage of fuel,lets move evryone in the rural communities into the cities,for thier own good.

I will decide whats for my own good.And if those folks in NO decide they want to stay with no power and no services,then I say that's thier choice.

Hmm. I guess I do know how I feel about this.

20. ghostrider

Never underestimate the ability of a beaurecrat to screw up your life and plans.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7