In my quest to build up my stock of .308Win ammo, and finding the local supply of .308 brass to have dried up, I tried an experiment. Having a fair amount of useless-to-me .243Win brass, I tried resizing them to .308. They came out pretty good - they miked as only about .5mm shorter in the neck. Not a problem. I loaded ten with the same powder and bullet load as my regular .308s, and shot them at the range in my Spanish FR8 short rifle. They shot as good, even slightly tighter, than the normal .308 loads! Functioned flawlessly. So now, I'm loading about fifty more. This will cover me til the supply of .308 brass evens out. I will anneal the cases before loading them again. Tried resizing a .30-06 shell too - man, that is a loonngg neck! These will definitely need cutting down and trimming - but I don't need to do them just yet.