'Resources that will last for generations without requiring electricity to function'

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by hot diggity, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Six pounds. Right at a pound heavier than a Ruger 10/22. Mostly due to the heavier steel receiver. With the loads I've worked up the recoil is about the same as a .30 Carbine. (5.2 pounds empty)

Zimmy and Motomom34 like this.
  2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

They don’t make them like that any more,if they did it would cost to much to buy. There was one on Gun Broker that went over $1000.00.

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Here's a good size comparison shot of Ruger's 10/22 and standard .44 Carbine. These two .44 Carbines belonged to Elmer Keith and are serial number 28 and 29. I can't find them described as anything but "Two Ruger rifles," but if that's them on Lot 3303:
    they sold at auction in February 2015 for $4329.00. That was a bargain that day for any of the guns from Keith's collection.
    Elmer Keith Gun Collection Up for Auction - Guns and Ammo
    [​IMG]

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I had a pair of Ruger 44 mag carbines one for my wife .
    She never used it, and when we moved to a new town a friend let us stay with him and his family for a while and I gave him her gun .
    I still have my 44 mag and treasure it , good hunting weapon and very reliable .

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

"The machine that made everything"

It was built in 1751 so...

arleigh likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have worked large and small lathes ,I own 3 small lathes and another large one on the property . they are a fun tool if you know what your doing, and all the functions are working .
    The best machine jobs are custom work or remanufacturing parts that are obsolete .
    Even a cheap lathe has merit if it cared for properly, but even the best lathe can turn to junk if it is abused. I've seen both.
    The lathe and mill are game changers that make almost every thing or the parts it takes to make things we need.

3cyl, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  1. M118LR
  2. Motomom34
  3. Thunder5Ranch
  4. lonewolf89
  5. lonewolf89
  6. Motomom34
  7. melbo
  8. Tango3
  9. monkeyman
  10. survivalmonkey
  11. monkeyman
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary