Rick in Northern Idaho...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bandit99, Aug 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I recently moved to Idaho after being overseas for a very, very long time. I am fairly new to the Monkey as got an account then got all tied up trying to build a new life here. I want to spend more time on the Monkey as finally got settled, mostly, but...but got a problem, maybe.

Today someone sent me a 'conversation message' asking about the Wildfires (we've had a few very close) but I could not reply to him, kept getting a ERROR message. I have only used this site once or twice so...so maybe I don't have privileges to do so? I am not a 'site supporter' or anything. Is that the reason? I cannot figure out how to contact the Administrator either so I'm in limbo.

So, hello to all and looking forward to good conversations! And, I would certainly be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction so I CAN have conversations. :):)

Rick

hitchcock4, Tobit, pearlselby and 5 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Rick, once you post a few more posts, you will be able to do PMs... We just want to make sure you are a REAL Person, and will abide by our Code of Conduct, that you agreed to when you signed on.... Welcome to the Monkey Tree... Pick your self out a branch, and have a good look around.....

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

welcome to the monkey... sit back and enjoy...

4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Welcome to the Monkey tree ! [coo]

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Welcome Rick:)

6. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Welcome neighbor. I live in north Idaho also.

7. Bandit99

Thanks BTPost. It's darn irritating as just tried to make a 'signature' block and got the ERROR message again... But, I will hang in there and post a few times and see what happens. I got some question anyway so...

Hello to all and thanks for the nice welcome. I'm going to dive in now and see what I can learn from the Monkey Tree. Thanks again!
    Rick

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Rick, there should be no problem with a sig block UNLESS it has a link in it; that would be a no-no pending more posts.

9. Bandit99

ghrit,

You are right or something changed because it allowed me to save my signature this time. I didn't do anything different and there are no links in it but it worked this time so all is good.

Rick

Dunerunner likes this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Welcome!! and just keep posting the security will loosen up soon =)

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Welcome to the monkey tree.there is a great deal to learn here, and the people are friendly. Come on in.

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

We may be having some software issues. I'll take a look

13. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sorry Rick, we have some pretty heavy anti-spam measures in place here and it seems there was a conflict with one of them. This should all be fixed now
    Apologies and welcome to the tree!

Ganado likes this.
  14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Good people here Rick.
    Welcome.
    BT mentions a Code of Conduct, but it is mostly common sense common courtesy.
    You'll do fine. Even Monkeys are careful not to go too far out on a limb.
    Look around. There's good info to be had and more added all the time. And of course you will be able to add your own.
    Used to have some neighbors, underground miners, from Kellogg.

15. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome, Rick! I like the sig line!

16. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Welcome, Rick!!

1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly