Rifle Raffle!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Minuteman, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hopefuly a few more will be gone next week, I could use something that eats .223. lol

2. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Monkey+++

I also thought about buying more, but didn't because I didn't want to be a jerk either.

Maybe we can all hold off and when melbo decides to end this we can divy up the left spots evenly amongst us who have showed interest in buying more.

Thoughts?

AE

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Great site!!! I put a post on weaponsboard.com about the site and the raffle, hope it get you more traffic and fills the raffle spots up quicker.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I thought the same thing. But buying a few slots in my own benefit raffle sounds like bad form. Then again... This is a free market and there is nothing that stops me from buying 1000 Powerball tickets? If we try to close this down soon, I'll let all of you that wanted to buy more buy more. Hell, I don't care if you do it now.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

For timely shipping purposes we need to wrap it up soon. I will only be home for one week then have to report back to work for a 3 week hitch. So I can ship the rifle and parts kit either the first week of Nov. or the first week of Dec. Doesn't matter to me, but if it is later than the 4th of Nov. then the winners will have to wait until Dec. for me to get home and arrange the shipping.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Alrighty then. The only thing I've ever won was a bottle of hooch in an anchor pool, so I've written off the chances of hitting this anyway. Plus, I have a 223 eater and another unbuilt kit. Therefore, I've made a donation willingly. Major kudos [beer]to minuteman for the effort and generosity, but if for some reason the ticket bin is not filled, I am not sweating the thought of taking the raffle down until timing is not an issue or canceling altogether. I cannot see letting it go for less than the full bucket, that's asking too much of mm.

7. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

I almost never win anything, but then again this is to help support the site so it really doesn't matter

8. aeropeach

aeropeach Monkey+++

Sent $45 for two slots plus transaction/beer.

You can surprise me with the numbers....

:)

9. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Monkey+++

PM sent melbo...

AE

10. aeropeach

aeropeach Monkey+++

You can count me in for one or two more if it hits crunch time and you don't have enough takers...

:)

11. melbo

12. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

If you decide to divy up the remaining slots, count me in!

I never used to read the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section just because I didn't want to buy anything from some strange people. But, now that I'm as strange as the rest of you, I feel comfortable handing over my money to someone I've never seen :^)
    [beer]

Seriously, I've just set myself a Quarterly reminder to make a small contribution to this web site. The raffle is definitely an incentive this time around, but I've got to support what I enjoy... I forego designer coffee and other expensive items for times like this. Planning ahead makes the process of giving a lot smoother.

Thanks Melbo and others who help run this place.

13. Minuteman

Hey beav and everyone else. Increase your odds. Here's a chance to get another spot for free. Thanks for contributing!

http://survivalmonkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60110#post60110

BTW, I can assure you that every penny raised in this is going to a good cause. And the items will be shipped to the winners as soon as possible.

You won't find a more honest, caring, ready to help a friend (or stranger) bunch of people than you will here at "The Monkey". If you newer memders haven't seen this thread you need to check it out. See what it means to be a "Monkey".

http://survivalmonkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5303&highlight=monkey

14. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

All spots now taken/purchased. The raffle will take place shortly.........[beer]

http://survivalmonkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7349

For details as to how the final spots have been awarded. This thread is now locked for the moment, so we can double check and verify that all they spots have been awarded properly.

Let there be a beginning to the winning!

15. Minuteman

Ok. We still have the free raffle going so we will give that the rest of today for any who want to get in. I will be on again this evening and we will have the drawing then.

9 PM CST tonight!!!! We draw.

FYI this is the online "Randomizer" program that we will be using for the drawing. It will randomly select three numbers. Those numbers will win in order; the rifle, the parts kit, the radio.

http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm

16. melbo

Nice job Clyde!
    Must have been re-readring "What it means to be a Monkey" ;)

17. ghrit

Here's the final freebie spread sheet. We got 40 of the 77 available, but here we go, and too bad for the late comers. BTW, that randomizer is as good as they come. Thanks Minuteman, for a good job. [beer]

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 123pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="164"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 75pt;" width="100"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 48pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17" width="64">1</td> <td style="width: 75pt;" width="100">Blackjack</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">2</td> <td>NVBeav</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">3</td> <td>Northwoods</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">4</td> <td>Ozarkgoatman</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">5</td> <td>Seacowboys</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">6</td> <td>Alterego</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">7</td> <td>sheen_estevez</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">8</td> <td>wildernessgal</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">9</td> <td>noob</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">10</td> <td>ghrit</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">11</td> <td>Tracy</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">12</td> <td>melbo</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">13</td> <td>monkeyman</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">14</td> <td>Quigley_Sharps</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">15</td> <td>RightHand</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">16</td> <td>fritz_monroe</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">17</td> <td>poacher</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">18</td> <td>Brokor</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">19</td> <td>ric_doug</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">20</td> <td>Bear</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">21</td> <td>Clyde</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">22</td> <td>weapons_762</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">23</td> <td>annie</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">24</td> <td>minuteman</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">25</td> <td>Baphomet Jones</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">26</td> <td>Sniper 66</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">27</td> <td>Falcondance</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">28</td> <td>CRC</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">29</td> <td>Kahn</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">30</td> <td>Tango 3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">31</td> <td>aeropeach</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">32</td> <td>kckndrgn</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">33</td> <td>Mountainman</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">34</td> <td>Chemicalgal</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">35</td> <td>EL</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">36</td> <td>Halffast</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">37</td> <td>Conagher</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">38</td> <td>Ghostrider</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">39</td> <td>Phishi</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">40</td> <td>Magnus392</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

18. melbo

So if RESERVED wins it we choose one of those in a second drawing?

19. Minuteman

I will do the "Reserved" drawing first. Then the Rifle Raffle. Since it seems like everyone is in that wants in I say let the games begin.

I am just starting my day (night) at work so don't have time right now.

I will lock the thread for the free raffle and if Melbo or Ghrit want to plug the numbers into the randomizer and let it select the winner for the free raffle then I will be back on in an hour or two and we will do the rifle drawing.

You cant link to the results of the randomizer but I was going to take a screen shot and post that for verification of the results.

20. ghrit

OK, then, I've run a test on the randomizer, and understand how to use it. If I don't hear from Melbo in the next half hour (1900 ET here) I'll run it for the free slot and post the answer. It saves the results in an excel sheet that I think I can copy and past here. Data is skimpy, but it gives the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7