righteous tasering??

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That guy has a terminal case of the stoopids, for sure. Now what got my attention is that 2 of the 3 tasers didn't work, it took the third. By then, there were 4 cops there, so I am not so sure the taze was needed, four sober guys of any size should have been able to take that clown out of the car with minimal difficulty. The gal, I have to sympathize with, she was doing her best against that situation.

All in all, the stoopid had something coming, but to taze? Not under the circumstances, sez me and me only.

3. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

But why not taze ? It will induce a whole lot more pain and suffering to the "perp" right ? They dont pay for the tazer cartridges anyways. Why not get a little bigger kick of power ?

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Isee yoursarcasm; and raise you one legal objection. Well, I guess it is the courts' job to inflict punishment so by the book adding pain and suffering should be illegal. Of course this guy is lucky.This gomer is the reason Maglight made the 4and 6 cell baton/flashlight. Supposedly he had alot of injuries but not a cracked skull.
    mouthy bastid initiated it and deserved it from somebody.You do not have a first amendment right to verbally abuse someone; cop/fireman hooker,Melbo,(well maybe melbo?) GHRIT,trailerpark neighbor anybody.I believe verbal assault is still assault.

5. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Well, this guy is the picture child of deserved to be tazed but cops are out of control. Young, old, even pregnant women all bow to the mighty tazer !!

We made bashing someone a pushbutton affair. No more working for it, just pull the trigger and instant satisfaction without the paperwork of lead. It's just too easy now.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I actually can buy that...but I would a' been pushed over a limit with this turd...can you lose your badge for wriggling around the pile of cops and drunk jamming your taser into the one levis crotchin the pile then pulling the trigger?HOOOOWAHHH! [gone]( not seeing thetaser smiley yet)
    STFU!

7. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I have no doubt there are PLENTY of situations where a taser is very justified and even the safest alternative to a higher level of force.

There are many, many, many times I wish I would have had a taser. But ya know, in all honesty, I might have been guilty of being a little quick on the draw with it.

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police
    Posted: <script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Dec 3, 2007 10:35 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>Dec 3, 2007 09:35 PM
    Updated: <script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Dec 4, 2007 4:28 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>Dec 4, 2007 03:28 PM
    <table id="wnStoryBox" name="D20" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="180"> <tbody><tr> <td><!--FEATURED VIDEOS--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#2f4086"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table bgcolor="#2f4086" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="left" valign="top">[​IMG]</td> <td valign="middle" width="100%">Featured Video</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="20">[​IMG]</td> <td width="100%">Man Tased After False Call to Police</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [​IMG]
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">[​IMG]</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"> by Michael Schwanke
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">[​IMG]</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <!--AD 180x150 LOCAL--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center"><iframe id="wnsz_20" name="wnsz_20" allowtransparency="true" style="visibility: visible;" border="1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" height="150" scrolling="no" width="180">&lt;SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.1'&gt;if (document.layers) {document.write('&lt;SCR' + 'IPT language=JavaScript1.1 SRC=/Global/ad.asp?type=single&amp;cls1=News&amp;src1=loc&amp;spct1=100&amp;sz1=wnsz_20&amp;callType=script /&gt;'); document.close();}&lt;/SCRIPT&gt;</iframe><script language="JavaScript1.1">coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');</script>
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> [​IMG]
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td><!--NEWS HEADLINE BOX--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#2f4086"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table bgcolor="#2f4086" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="left" valign="top">[​IMG]</td> <td valign="middle" width="100%">Today's Headlines</td> <td><nobr>more>></nobr></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%">600 Ft. Riley Troops Expected Home This Month
    <!--absimg1--></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="100%">Wisconsin, Washburn Wrangling in Court Over 'W' Logos`
    <!--absimg1--></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="100%">National Guard Seeking Funds to Come Home for the Holidays
    <!--absimg1--></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="100%">Salina Teen Charged with Rape
    <!--absimg1--></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="100%">Cab Driver Arrested for Indecent Liberties
    <!--absimg1--></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="100%">Grand Jury Summoned in Tiller Case
    <!--absimg1--></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [​IMG]
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> (Wichita, KS)
    Donnell Williams had just gotten out of the bath tub, wearing only a towel around his waist, when he turned the corner to see guns pointing right at him.
    "I ain't never been so scared," says Williams.
    Police forced entry into Williams home while responding to a shooting, but it turned out to be a false call. They had no idea at the time the call wasn't real and that Williams is hearing impaired. Without his hearing aid he is basically deaf.
    "I kept going to my ear yelling that I was scared. I can't hear! I can't hear!"
    Officers were worried about their own safety because at the time it appeared Williams was refusing to obey their commands to show his hands. That's when they shot him with a Taser.
    Deputy Chief Robert Lee of the Wichita Police Department says, "This one occurred on the worst of calls, that being a shooting. The first few minutes getting control of the scene are very, very important."
    Once the facts were all sorted out, officers repeatedly apologized to Williams. Police wish it never happened, but with the information they had at the time, their choices were limited.
    "Do I wish there would have been some way they were notified in advance this gentleman was hearing impaired? I certainly do. No one is happy with the way it worked out," says Lee.
    Williams was not hurt in the incident. Police say the shooting call came from a cell phone but they still don't know who made it or why.
    The case is being reviewed by the department.

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Yup there's a very bad one,can't argue with that. i doubt anybodyfelt threatenedby an old guy in a towel. Do hearing impaired folks have signs like the "deaf child area" signs you ocasionally see?Needs to put one on his front door, but its not his fault nor responsibility not to get tased by the authorities.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

'Bout an hour, giver take.

T3 your are correct, the lip alone is assault, taking a swing, even if you miss, is battery. Don't ask how I know.

Hartage, your sarcasm knows no bounds --. Do NOT stop, there is spice in it, good for a snicker now and then.

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7