RIP Malcolm Young

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tempstar, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Greatest band ever! :D

Mountainman, Ura-Ki and chelloveck like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A much loved and respected musician lost to us, but not forgotten....his music and artistry lives on in the AC / DC discography.

4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I had to hide my AC/DC cassette tapes from Mom. They were Devil worshippers. Lol. Moms. :D

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Saw them in concert when they did their Back in Black tour.
    RIP

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

First song I never heard of theirs was "Dirty Deeds" when I was a kid, man, I was hooked! Life long AC/DC fan, and sad that Malcome has gone! Few rock bands could sound as good live as they did recorded, proof of a outstanding band! R.I.P. Malcolm Young!

Sgt Nambu, Mountainman, Meat and 2 others like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I honestly don't remember how many Back in Black cassettes I've wore out before CDs came along. I used to have a Sony Walkman in my pullover when ever I was skiing up at White Pass and AC/DC was ALWAYS in the player.

Mountainman, Meat, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We used to have an illegal "musical installation" boom box aboard one of our Helos and would play " Shake your Foundations" loudly in route! We played a lot of AC/DC when flying, takes the edge off! Nothing like a little ThunderStruck, or TNT to get the blood pumping!

9. chelloveck

It's a long way to the shop, if ya want a sausage roll...... ;)

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

First song I ever heard from ACDC was TNT back in 1977. That year they became my favorite band and are still to this day. Started going to their live shows in 1978 and have seen them in the SF Bay Area, Dallas, Portland, Omaha and Vegas.

Back in 1979 ACDC was touring with Judas Priest (not well known in the US at that time) and scheduled to play the Santa Cruz Civic. A friend and I were going to the show and like idiots we did not buy tickets in advance. Well when we got there the show was sold out. Determined to see the show we started checking out the building so we could break in. Found a back area of the building out of the way with a small shed that had a window with bars at the shed's roof level, well there we go. Got the bars loosened up with a knife and left the area waiting for the show to start.

The opening band (Priest) finished their set so we got by security and made it back to the shed. When we climbed to the roof of the shed and looked in the window, holy shit, the Priest band members were in there. It was their back stage dressing room. We sat there watching them drink and do lines hoping they would leave so we could get in. ACDC came on and they left the room. The bars came off, window out, us in and the window back on. Checked the door out of there and no one was there so we went out came around a corner and we were side stage with ACDC right there!!! Got to stay there for a couple songs until security wondered what we were doing there. Played stupid about how we got there and got to see the remainder of the show in the audience.

BTW: After the show we put the bars back on so they would not know that anyone broke it.

Malcolm, you will be missed but never forgotten.

11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Well then you better get 2. :D

Did you get to see them play in Sydney with Bon?

Tully Mars, chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. chelloveck

No...I wasn't much for rock band concerts.....my first and only rock concert was in my late 40's when I saw The Hoodoo Gurus, supported by Mental As Anything....well known bands in Australia, but probably obscure to most Americans.

If you like Acca Dacca....you might like the Gurus "Miss Free Love 69"

and "Like Wow Wipeout"....

Mental As Anything...."The Nips Are Getting Bigger"

and "Too Many Times"

13. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

David Cassidy, Della Reese, M-m-m-m-Mel Tillis, Charlie Manson, Robert D. Raiford (Used to be our neighbor)....What's with all the celebrities checking out this week?

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

RIP Malcom!!! Favorite song? Shoot to Thrill!

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. chelloveck

Charlie M was long overdue....None of them were particularly young,

Mountainman likes this.
  16. Downunder

Downunder Monkey++

Or, 'it's a long way to the Cross if you wanna root a mole'

When I was young, dumb and broke I had a panel van with a bed and a top end stereo and AC/DC playing most of the time (or Rose Tattoo).

Favourite was Livewire and Shook me all night long.

Sgt Nambu, Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  17. chelloveck

I'll leave the cross-cultural translation for the benefit of our friends across the pond to you....I might be tempted to blasphemy. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Downunder

Downunder Monkey++

The Cross is Kings Cross, a seedy part of Sydney known for it's strip clubs, brothels, weirdos and nightlife.

A mole is an Australian term for a girl of low morale fibre.

chelloveck likes this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah. Like looking for beaver on the strip.

Cruisin Sloth and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7