Road shopping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishop, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Ok I am a road shopper I am always looking on the road or the side for stuff that has blown out of trucks or bounce out of trailers or boats well today's find is this
    It's a double hammock with mosquito net brand new in perfect condition. KIMG1897_01.JPG KIMG1894_02.JPG

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'd say you hit the jackpot. I'm a scavenger myself. (y)

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You scored on that find. (y)

4. I've picked up load chains. Camping mirrors. A new/in the box Cat alternator that needs a pulley. And a sack of seed corn.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:lol: And some dietary supplemental road kill ---- j/k

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Road Shopping [LMAO][lolol]:lol: great title and nice find!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Love road shopping! I even collect the "Alligators" along side the road, makes for really good bump stops, feet for tool stands, dampening shims and spacers, and lots of other cool stuff, I especially look for the heavy duty treads! Wife thought I was out of my mind when I found an especially choice fresh kill and slammed on the brakes to go back and pick it up! Then she saw what I use it for, and now she just rolls her eyes.

Nice score, that will be real handy with the weather getting nicer!

8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

excellent ---on the road again takes on a whole new meaning

Ganado, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

It pays to be observant. Nice score!

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Many years ago I lost a FAK I had painstakingly made and resolved the loss in hopes that the finder appreciated it's value .

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

The only thing I recall losing on the highway was an 8' long piece of 3" angle iron that bounced out of the trailer somewhere along I95 in a Virginia snow storm. Probably still in a ditch somewhere.

My most interesting find was an 81mm mortar base plate. The second I saw it I knew what the story was...the mortarman had ditched it on a training march because it was heavy. I never knew what happened after I delivered it to their Platoon Sergeant when they were stopped at a rest, but I bet there was much fun had by everyone but the Marine that "lost" the 30 pound base plate.

Bishop, Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7