Rock Island Armory M200

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Thunder5Ranch, Jan 19, 2017.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Basically everything bad you have every heard about a Hi Point, I have seen go wrong. I'm tired of being called a liar, but I have posted about it, probably a few times, on here before. They are junk, they are a waist of money, and I would wish one on my worst enemy.

2. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

I actually OWN several. The only problem I ever had was with tula's filthy ammo. A quick swab of the chamber and EVERYTHING else fired just fine, RN, HP, even cast LRN. My experience for 16+ years has been accurate and reliable.

3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

He didn't bash Hi-Point, he stated that he would take one thing over a hi-point any day. I would take a Ford truck over an Isuzu any day. I would take a pepperoni pizza over a bologna sandwich any day. I would take a day off over a day at work any day. I would take a tall cold draft Yuengling over a cold bottled Yuengling any day. It's a personal preference, not a bash for crying out loud. Even if he'd outlined all the reasons he doesn't like them, as long as they are rooted in personal experience and not just made up, it's not bashing.

You don't agree, fine, get over it and move on rather than snark and be a dick about it. Your opinion is just that, an opinion and isn't more correct simply because you are the one who holds it. Quit being so defensive about a comment stating a personal preference.

@AxesAreBetter has posted his person experience multiple times. Your experience is different. Doesn't make his experience invalid, doesn't make the previous guns HE used work any better, doesn't mean anything other than two different experiences by different people at different times.

If you work for hi-point or own stock in the company then I can see you having a monetary stake in someone "dissing" your brand, but outside of that, calling someone out for something they didn't do just to make some kind of point and try to get the last word in?

I've been posting less and less over the last several months because even folks who have been generally level-headed and engaging have started down this path of "I'm right and you're stupid" either because they have a different opinion or different experience, and it's still going on. It seems like now that the election is over, people are still looking for things to disagree about rather than have constructive dialog and respectful debate.

@Thunder5Ranch - Sorry for the derail, I'll go away now.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup, and back to the M200, please.

5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@Thunder5Ranch - You mention being a wheel-gun fan, do you have any others in .38 special and care to do a comparison? My MIL received (I think) a Taurus M85 +P 2 from her mother and has yet to put any rounds through it. I've only shot one other Taurus and it was so-so on accuracy but I can own most of that. Took a look at it over Christmas and swapped out the grip so it fit her better. Obviously she needs to get to the range and try it out, but figured I'd ask for a comparison if you had any experience in that cal.

6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I qualified to teach with a Taurus .357, and I will freely admit that they can be hit and miss as far as "smooth functioning" is concerned. I'd still take one over a Charter Arms, and the Taurus does come in a lot of other calibers.

I had an M85, but I sold it (was CC, so I bought a full sized with the proceeds), and I remember liking the gun. I have a problem with having to hold the front sight fully over the rear in order to hit center, but everyone else who ever shot it said they just lined everything up and did fine...it was a little ammo sensitive, though. I had some +P high powered stuff that sent one to the left ear, one to the right shoulder, one to the left hip, and one to the right knee at about 10 yards, aimed center mass, but sent Federal Low Recoil, White Box, and Critical Defense into a palm group or better.

DarkLight likes this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

No worries and well said. That is why I don't talk about guns and ammo very often. Very subjective every one thinks their weapon is the best. My opinion is if it is the best for you that is all that matters. Rarely does the make model or caliber mean much, it is the person handling it and their skill with it that counts.

Homer Simpson likes this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

+P loads can be sensitive.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Maybe I should share my Kimber Horror story and why I no longer recommend any Kimber products! Just because ONE fails, doesn't make the entire lot bad, BUT, I have heard all the bad things, and Now I have experienced it my self!

10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I know 1 person with a facial reconstruction and 3 people missing parts of hands due to mossberg part failures blowing parts out of the guns...a former member on here I talked to has scars from a Walmart 870 that blew out the action...spend a lot of time around guns, you will have horror stories, but I stay away from mossberg and hi point like the plague.

Honestly, the most interesting thing to me is that people who like hi points defend that position harder than caliber war dudes seem to. No offense meant, its just an observation. I suppose that I do have similar problems explaining to people with $1800+ paychecks why I can see why people consider Taurus a good option instead of just buying a closet full of Smiths...

How is Yeungling? Just started getting it around here, and I am curious about a pre-bottled black and tan?

Did yours comewith both stocks/grips? I have seen some that did, and some that didn't.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7