Rock Salt Shotshell Rounds

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Seems as those doing the testing were not aware that rock salt loads were meant to be totally non lethal. Most commonly used against children stealing watermelons etc from a farmers field (mostly just to scare hell out of them). I have been fired on that way a time or two....never hit .... they were probably firing over our heads anyway.... but we sure got out of dodge and didn't return.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Link fixed. Try it now

I have those in 22LR, 9mm and .45 ACP.

4. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Author should put away his buckshot. Rock salt has the exact lethality that is intended. Or as I was always told - to chase kids out of his fields.

5. pcc

pcc Monkey+

Love the box of truth, anytime you have some extra time to kill you should check this site out. It's pretty cool seeing the different things he shoots and how they hold up to being shot.[gun]

6. malexander

malexander Monkey+++

Great web site, I have been shot at and hit by rock salt before. It was from across the yard and maybe took 1 or 2 pellets from it. I guess the greatest threat is the report of the gun to scare you.

7. ralph

ralph Monkey+

Having been hit in the buttocks with rock salt I can attest to the 'super charging' effect it had one me. I was the smallest and out ran my older and larger friends in the 25, 50 and 100 yard dash after being 'energized' by farmer Smith. No no water mellons were involved

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Didn't penetrate, but sure added a mite of gitalong from the pear orchard. (Amply aided buy a high speed pursuit dog.)

9. scratch755

scratch755 Monkey+

Been shot at a couple of times but never hit. A friend took one in his leg and stung like hell he said. We laughed over that one for along time.

10. Snake Plisken

Snake Plisken Monkey+

I always thought it would be great to shoot game birds with what I like to refer to as "Game Season(ing) Loads" These shells are loaded with rock salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, etc... That way the game is seasoned from the inside out and ready for the roasting pan by the time you get em' home. Mmmmm? [winkthumb]
    Call me Snake.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

At the ripe old age of nearly 9, I was caught with a school friend stealing watermelons in a farmer's field. I was hit in the btutocks....ran home and when my mother ariived, she placed me into a tub of warm water ( yeah that's helping!) Then she proceeded to the farmers house some 3/4 of a mile away.
    She was imtent on doing some serious bodily harm to him, but the farmers wife intervened.....I heard that the man was beaten severly by his own wife....
    Never knew what happened following that, BUT I never again went into anyone's field and tried to take anything!
    That stuff is like FIRE!
    Did see an old 'coot" of a guy get mad at his neighbor's cow that kept breaking down his fence to get into his corn....He had some shot shells loaded with dried peas....Killed that cow! Guy was arrested and had to pay for the neighbor's cow! I Never had any idea that dried peas could be so bad...Now I BELIEVE!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7