Rocket oven on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I happen to (loosely) follow permies.com. I apparently missed their new Kickstarter project, a rocket oven. Don't know how many may be interested here? But, this project is winding down, less than two days left.

Here is THE LINK to the project, for those who may be interested.

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Lots of old ideas in new clothing and well presented. The old hippie had a VW bus, lived in a tepee, raised food, etc, went to Woodstock, at least listened to the Weathermen and went to some pretty good music, was visited by the man, and did it for almost no money.
    , The new one uses facebook etc and kickstarter to fund his lifestyle, presents it in video's that he sells instead of asking for spare change, and is very effective in both spreading ideas and living his lifestyle. We tend to forget when we watch an event caught on a cell phone video, that the first 45 min after JFK was shot, the video of the major news at one of the networks was in black and white as they didn't have color scheduled and it took that long to get a color camera calibrated and running and that a lot of the early NASA stuff is gone as they used the tapes over and didn't archive original material. Life has indeed changed in ways we can't even think of. Heinlien could see faster than light travel as being possible in the 1930's, but couldn't even conceive of the tape recorder, nor chips, or mass computer storage. His space ships going thru out the void were run with IBM cards, people entering data from log tables into basically computers using relays, tubes not transistors, etc. We live in a world we couldn't even dream of 60 years ago. Neat resource as a view of a different reality for this old man. Thank you.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

In that light duane,

I commented to someone else the other day that just 30 years ago, no one would've dreamed that we'd be walking around with telephones in our pockets.

4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Thirty years ago somebody told me that one day I'd be able to fix a car by hooking a computer up to it and sitting at a keyboard.

I do that wirelessly now every day, and they're talking about apps for smart phones. Great stuff, but it still hasn't replaced wrenches.

I've always found the value of Permies videos to be in the design ideas. I never would have imagined how efficient a sideways flame in a rocket stove fed from a vertical hole on one end could be. My materials.are different, but the construction is similar.

I haven't played with wood ovens yet, but I understand how it's done thanks to these videos.

5. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

10 minutes to go. What the heck. I jumped in as well.

1. JC Refuge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Dunerunner
  5. hot diggity
  6. ditch witch
  7. Ganado
  8. Zimmy
  9. chelloveck
  10. Hillbilly549
    Anyone here have any experience with these?
    Thread by: Hillbilly549, Mar 17, 2019, 10 replies, in forum: Off Grid Living
  11. Ganado
  12. Ganado
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. Asia-Off-Grid
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
  16. Asia-Off-Grid
  17. Asia-Off-Grid
  18. Asia-Off-Grid
  19. duane
  20. Asia-Off-Grid
    Resource

101 Camping & Outdoor Recipes 2018-08-02