Ron Paul 3%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There was actually a couple of intelligent posts there instead of all "All of us smart ones support Paul" BS. I'm very tired of that crap, the "Paul only loses because everyone is stupid" or "Paul only loses because the GOP/MSM controls everything". I love the "people aren't ready for Paul" like he's a saviour. He can keep wasting the money he raises but yesterday was about what Super Tuesday will show - he's a non-factor.

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

oh he'll be a factor when the GOP loses the presidency because so many of us refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils again. I intend to cast my ballot for the one candidate that I believe in. If this man is not elected, then the American people will get what they deserve. Madame President.

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Let me get this right - if I and others don't vote for RP then we deserve Hillary? That's kind of a stretch don't you think? That's fine to back who you like but this constant insulting of people who don't back RP isn't helping his cause. This whole field sucks badly but RP supporters do nothing but hurt their cause with this rhetoric. If the GOP loses it will have nothing to do with RP but what's gone on the last 8 years.

5. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

[ditto][ditto][ditto][ditto][ditto][ditto][ditto][ditto][ditto]

I am not voting for a middle of the road centrist with leftist leanings.

I want a true republican or I will vote for none. McCain or Romney or Hillary or Obama or who ever the hell else is the same candidate ...will never get my vote.

Never again will I express my vote for a candidate that does not meet most of my candidate criteria.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

That is no insult, just my declaration of intent to vote my candidate and not choose between another bunch of RINO loosers, even if it means victory for the devil. I am sticking to my guns this time and will not be guilty of voting for someone that I do not beleive in just to keep the opposition out of office. If America deserves any less, then I wish someone could explain it to me.

7. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

This is going to have to be one of those where we agree to disagree. I accept your decision but I think it's the wrong one. Using the same thought since my last insurance company was expensive I should drop all insurance, I mean I'm a safe driver so if I get in an accident everyone else should pay not me.
    Ron Paul has merits but I also think he's dead wrong on a few things. I personally am for Huckabee but if he doesn't make it and RP does then my vote will go for RP. It may not be my first choice but it sure beats having someone who is ready to declare all of my guns contraband and I should turn em in. I guess I just can't or won't say since you won't play my way I'm going to take my toys and go home. But that's just me.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto. At this time Paul is not collecting enough votes to show the threat of being a Ross Perot like pull from the GOP if Paul decides to go independent. If the GOP loses this election, it will be because they failed to energize their conservative base with the liberal candidates they trotted out, not to mention the % of people who just want change.

As for me, I have fretted over this for a while. In the end, I will probably vote for whatever the GOP trots out, which I assume to be McCain. A C+ rating from the NRA is better than a F. At least McCain voted against the AWB, but that is about the only thing I have seen him do right.

For the Ron Paul supporters, who do you vote for if Paul decides not to run independent of the GOP? Do you vote for the Republican, Democrat, or not at all?

9. gadinort

gadinort Monkey+++

In November, for the first time in my life, I will not be voting against who I like the least, but rather voting for someone I believe in.

Paul my be "unelectable", but I don't consider my vote wasted if it has the potential to plant the seed in America's mind that our two party system is flawed and the political culture needs some fresh air.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7