Ron Paul this and that.....

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by hartage, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

We do not discourage debate or differing opinions here. Anyone of you who have been here for any length of time has probably seen that we go out of our way to not quell any type of dissent. We enjoy and promote the free exchange of ideas, no matter how controversial or contradictory.

However, stirring the pot to provoke discussion is one thing, but demeaning and insulting posts whose intent is nothing more than to provoke a response is another. It is at the minimum a show of poor manners and lack of respect for others.

Hartage, I would recommend that you read the thread in the following link before posting any further. I or any other mod or admin will adamently defend your right to freely express your opinion, to disagree or debate anything or anyone here. But I will not defend that right if it is done in an insulting or demeaning manner.

http://survivalmonkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4621&highlight=jefforsonian+debate

Another thought; I have noticed over and over the comments by new members on how polite we are here and how this site doesn't have the flameing and verbal assaults seen on other sites. I am very proud of that and am glad to see that our members see it. We have strived hard from day one to make this a place that felt like home to all. And part of that is having common respect for each other. We all disagree from time to time and there are folks here with very diverse views and opinions. But in the rare instances where we reach an impasse in a debate we have always agreed to disagree and moved on. I don't want to see our "home" here devolve into a name calling ranting flame fest. We have worked to hard to build this site into the place that it is today. If we all follow the model of Jefforsonian debate and common courtesy this will continue to be the warm and welcoming home that has drawn members here from all over the globe.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud]

3. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Bashing ron paul ? Are you sure we are on the same planet here ? I challenge you to read my original post that started this thread. I only stated that 1 ron paul has an "aw-shucks" image to him as in "every other man". 2 ron paul is republican and 3 ron paul is from texas. How is that bashing him ?

Beyond that I only stated my opinion that I don't like texans and republicans based on the past 8 years of economic and political hell.

You speak of "published, peer reviewed, referenced, study " but yet you can't take the time to see if your own statements are accurate. Don't remember ? this statement "This thread was started purely to bash Dr. Paul" I'm not bashing ron paul at all I know little about him. You accuse me of something that is entirely of your own fabrication.

Let me clarify to you who I am bashing. B U S H is that clear enough ? Also the party that put him in the whitehouse. I have every right to feel this way after the past 8 years.

4. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Interesting.... seems the issue is not the source. St Petersberg times, census.... it could be from God himself but if it is an opposing point of view it MUST be false.

Then personal attacks come out.... lableing someone a troll for what ? Saying something that is unpopular.

The Dixie Chicks were hung on a cross for what ? Saying the unpopular thing. The conservatives in their wisdom ignored the truth and gored the truthsayers. We now know that the Dixie Chicks were right.

I guess we are closer to a witch hunting nazi people than we care to admit ? Joseph McCarthy would be proud of some of you.

I made no personal attacks first, just making my views known. "Troll" "owned" those words are not mine.

I never voted for bush, I've defended the rights of those that could not on their own. I'm on the border every other weekend trying to help keep a few less drugs and illegals from coming across. I have friends that are far left and friends that are far right. I have defended both from the other side. My concience is clear, is yours ?

5. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Minuteman, read my original post. It was meant to be "wow we are falling for the same aw-shucks routine that worked last time" statement. The personal attacks did not originate from me. I will however not mince words and if my opinion is such and such I will say so. When attacked most reasonable people will respond. Politicaly correct no longer works when it starts veiling the truth.

But if it is for the best I will refrain from posting views that are not right-wing-conservative. God forbid if a conservative ever hears that they are wrong in anything. I will just let our economic downfall, our global political disasters and our troop deaths speak for me.

6. Evenglischatiest

Evenglischatiest Monkey+++

I whole heartedly agree, and I hope this site stays that way.

I offer my apologies for any ill will caused by the tone of my previous comments.[whiteflag][angelsad]
    :oops:

7. Minuteman

I have no problem with your original post. You are entitled to your opinions,absolutely. I even stated that I respected your honesty in saying that you really didn't know much about Ron Paul. And for what it's worth, personally, I thought the troll accusations were uncalled for.

The only thing I was cautioning against was the insinuation that Texans are less intelligent than other people or to blame for electing the current President. Those type of blanket statements serve no purpose and only inflame those who are being demeaned.

We don't try to be PC here, not at all. But we do try to keep things cordial. We don't censor any position and try not to (as staff) promote any either. We all have opinions and beliefs. We actually lost a founding member because he felt like we were too liberal and democrats. So I guess it's true you can't please all the people all the time.

I have enjoyed your posts and contributions to the site. And I respect your service to our country. I want you and all members to feel free to express any of your views. But I don't want to see a thread devolve into a name calling tit-for-tat bickering match. We're all adults here.

8. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

That insinuation right or wrong it should be understood where it came from. I saw the bush disaster coming before he was elected the first time. I tried to tell everyone I know the reasons NOT to vote for him. My left-wing friends indirectly voted for bush by hitting the phones to get people to vote for that crack-pot Nader. Their reasoning was even if bush did get elected it will wreck this country enough to get people to open their eyes to the evil republicans. (their words) My own parents voted for bush. Now fast forward years later we all see the disaster. My left-wing friends see and admit to their stupidity in only HELPING bush through nader. All their greenparty fantasies are now grounded in the reality of a two party system. But the bush voters. I warned, desperately and they called me an idiot. Bush will save this country, make us stronger, turn the trade deficit into a surplus. Blah, blah, blah. Now these same people are telling me "don't dwell on the past". As if they commited no sin, bull pucky. It was not in the past while I was warning them. Trying to get them to see the light back then that they see now.

It is frustrating to be able to see something and understand something and not be able to get another person to understand. No matter hard I tried. The frustration builds and grows. It just became a sore point when these same people that would not listen back then now proclaim innocence. That they were "duped" Bull pucky. The entire story has been in front of them the entire time. Just like it had been in front of me the whole time. Now they procalim innocence ? The very same people that voted for bush now claim they have nothing to do with bush wrecking our country. Who let the monster in ?

That is where that insinuation came from. Right or wrong.

I've explained myself, now I'll just let the thread die.

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The Problem I have is not with trashing Bush; he certainly is the issue. The problem is with blaming Texas for him and selling all the rest of that great State short. It wouldn't have made a bit of difference if Bush was from New Hampshire or Alabama, the man is an evil creation of the NWO. We blame the Republicans and that too is just an extension of the same evil master and we have to share the blame with the Democrats because they forced the issue with a choice between Al Gore and Bush. I am ashamed that the American people let Bush get elected but I did vote Liberitarian and not Republican inspite of my wife and familiy's commitment to the lesser of two evils. Evil is evil and when confronted with a choice between them, I still stand my ground. The good people of Texas have been on the fringe of succession for a number of years. They are not responsible for Bush lite, daddy Bush, or any of the other branches. Put the blame where is belongs, with our real masters.
    IMHO blaming Texas for Bush is like blaming all black people for Jesse Jackson.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Bush, (1 and 2) right or wrong, was/were and remain the lesser of two evils. What often gets lost in the woods of NWO and the rest of the conspiracy theories (or facts for the true believers) is the fact that unprecedented invasion of our country happened on 9/11. That event alone changed the rules of the game; opened the door for the sheep to more willingly accept intrusive dot gov behaviors. They may well have come in any case, but for sure that eased the way to accelerate things for the "good of the many." I'm sick about it, but it is what it is for now.

11. Minuteman

Thanks for that explanation hartage. I know how you feel. I was the same way with Clinton. I tried to warn people about him but no one would listen.
    And the fact is that this nation is worse off, and we are less free now than we were 8 years ago, or 12 years ago.
    And SC is right, this blaming this party or that party is falling into the good cop bad cop games of the real villans, the NWO, globalist elites that have taken over this nation.
    The challenge now before us is how do we reverse the damage done to our nation and our liberty. Vote third party? I would if there were a viable candidate. But who is there?
    I see only Ron Paul as standing apart from the others. Only he is espousing true freedom. No matter where he happened to be born, no matter what party he happens to belong to. No matter what speeches he gives or promises he makes. His actions speak for themselves. He is not a part of this neo-con republican regime that has hijacked the policies of this nation. He gets criticized for not being "republican" but a libertarian in disguise.
    I think we should look to the future to save this country rather than look to the past to lay blame for the way that it is at present.

There is a lot of truth to this;
    bush1_bill_golf.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

did not
    did too
    yo momma,
    don be talkin bout momma
    moron
    makes no sense from behind a keyboard or face to face...[lolol][boozingbuddies][boozingbuddies]

13. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Agreed, when I hear folks blaming"rebublocrats" A) I shut down my hearing; I see it as a partisan waste of time. Which is exactly where harry reid,pelosi and other "congress critters live24/7. Nobody cares about fixing a problem (usually that that is not govs job anyway) if they can blame it on the other side. The citizens are rin the middle.We get a bloated expensive bureacracy discussing abortion subsidies for gay couples...

14. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

you gotta know surveys can be made to read exactly as expected depending on who writes the questionsandcounts the answers.....Does the lower"education" rating reflect people who could not afford to pay for a bs???? I submit a bs is not a guarantee of intelligence).I believe College educated folks tend to be more liberal (professors certainly are) (and shown here more condecending: you must be stupid not to vote the way I did. Which is exactly what this survey is implying.).

15. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

It seems we all have this in common, the fact that we see the masses blindly following leaders that do not have their good in mind. Politicos have promised them what they want to hear, only to promote another agenda once in office. It always is the same agenda, promoting globalisation. We have seen this over and over in history and it seems that people never learn. Hartage, I feel your frustation, that's why we all are wanting to survive this mess somehow. What is great is that we are able to "see it" and are preparing for what may come. This will take a concerted effort. Our members bring so many great ideas and inovations to light here. We have to realize that this forum is viewed by the whole world and the powers that be. We don't want to give the people the impressions they want to use against us because they are desperate, they know they are losing control. They are dumbfounded that people are flocking in droves to support the message of freedom and turning away from fearmongering and authoritarianism. We have have turned away for survival.

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup, my point precisely. Polls and the results have to be questioned carefully to see the slant. Education has little to do with ability to smell BS; that ability is either innate or taught at home or learned over time with minds that are open.

17. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Oh nevermind, I'm supposed to shut my trap and let the thread die.

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7