Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by monkeyman, Aug 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The bangs may not be as big but you get a LOT more bangs for the buck. :D

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I always take mine down to the creek when I go fishing.If the fish aren't biting I shoot the Turtles.(Little bait stealing suckers!)It's funny to see them.They are usually congegated across the creek on some logs.I'll shoot a couple and they will all disappear.Then there heads start popping up about 20 yards down stream.I wait till there are several to choose from.Pop a couple more and they move farther down.This goes on until they are at the bend in the creek about 150 yards down stream.Finally they round the bend and I don't have any more trouble out of them.

It has always been my daughters favorite gun to shoot.since she started shooting at age 5.I would put a clamp on bi-pod on the barrel,stick in a 50 round clip and have her lay down on the shooting mat and let her go to town with it.She would empty the clip in one long string.Then I would make her reload it.I have never given it to her because I wanted her to master the fundamentals of marksmanship first.She has a single shot CZ now, but she will be getting a 5 and 10 round clip for it this year and she will probably get the 10/22 next year for her B-day.

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I got one not too long ago. I did pick up 2 25 rnd mags for it, the only problem with them is the last 5 rounds in each mag have a failure to feed/double feed problems. I was able to get a couple more 10 rnd rotary mags as well.

I love takin' it to the range, fun little plinker. Someday soon, the barrel will be swapped with a threaded one ;)

4. toemag

toemag Monkey++

I own a 10/22 and shoot it regularly, did the mod's and it's a pleasure to shoot. No need to bother with the hi-cap mags the factory ones are more than adequate and reliable as hell, IMHO..

Tony

5. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

I love mine, i shot when i was a kid, was the first rifle i purchased when i turned 18, mine was made in 1983 (according to the serial) got it from a small local pawn shop for $100. Put a $35 4x scope from k-mart on it. I refinished the walnut stock, recrowned the barrel, and floated the barrel will group as well as i and the ammo i use can, mine likes CCI mini-mags.

Back to my point i found some good 25 shot mags.
    http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-advanced-composite-steel-magazine-ruger-1022-p-532.html

I have not fired them but in build quality they put every other high cap mag to shame.
    The only failure to feed was caused by a eagle 30 rd mag, the lips get too hot and melt/deform, so if you are going for high cap mags i would suggest sticking with steel lips.

1. natshare
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Oddcaliber
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Brokor
  6. Brokor
  7. RouteClearance
  8. Oddcaliber
  9. Oddcaliber
  10. Oltymer
  11. AD1
  12. Lekdro