Ruger Gunsite Scout Modification.

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by AgentPickle, Apr 5, 2024.

1. AgentPickle

AgentPickle Monkey

OK I am one of those Scout Rifle weirdos. It is a great all purpose rifle for hunting/scouting. Here is a cool mod I developed that you can have a qualified gunsmith perform or your friend Bubba and his dremmel.

Ura-Ki and Tempstar like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ha, need a can on that short LOUD boomer first off.

AgentPickle and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. AgentPickle

AgentPickle Monkey

It IS loud. The brake does not help either but its better than the birdcage it came with.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Kind of a Fan, BUT, much prefer my Ruger Hawkeye Guides for an all purpose fighting, scouting, self defense rifle, ect,....turns cover into concealment in many more situations then the .308, the minimum caliber I use is .30/06, that's SERIOUS power, might have to stop a Charging Ford F-250, .30/06 gets it done!
    [​IMG]
    The Big minus of the scout rifle idea is total lack of suitable optics, and for what the scout is for, an optic is kinda stupid really, something more like a Reflex sight would be a much better option, especially for pure speed in a high stress situation!
    The ONLY other rifles I would choose here is my OLD Schmidt & Rubin K-31 re barreled in .308, you want lightning fast manual action, it don't get any faster then the K-31's
    [​IMG]
    Then there is the WInchester 1895 in ether .30/06 or .405 Win, again, lightning fast, slick handling, and serious power, EXACTLY what Col. Cooper was really after with his Scout idea, only these are way better in my opinion, and already existed!
    [​IMG]

One rifle I always liked, but also hated was the Remington 600, pretty much the same idea as the Ruger, but like 30 years earlier, the only thing that Sucked with the remington was capacity, and lack of caliber options, BUT, it was pretty cool! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    Gator 45/70 and AgentPickle like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. AgentPickle
  3. AgentPickle
  4. AgentPickle
  5. AgentPickle
  6. AgentPickle
  7. Gator 45/70
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. HK_User
  10. 3M-TA3