Ruger Mk IV Recall.....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

markrecall.

Tully Mars, Motomom34, stg58 and 5 others like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@BTPost Thanks! I almost bought another one because my old one, Mark III or IV got nicked by relations while I was overseas. I hated the break down and cleaning of it (pain in the ass and I always forgot the trick to it) but with its bull barrel it was a excellent shooter and I put thousands of rounds through it. This time I bought a SLR .22, nice little gun but definitely not as balanced and, personally, I don't think anywhere near as accurate but sure is a breeze to maintain. Glad now I didn't get another Mark IV. Thanks!

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Damn, Both Mine and the Wife's brand new Mk-IV pistols are on the list! Bummer, we both really, REALLY love these new pistols!

Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

@BTPost thanks for the heads up.

I have given serious thought to purchasing a 22/45. I like the feel of them, but I guess I'm stuck in my ways as I still prefer the MKII's. I picked up a like NIB MKII Government model early 80's vintage for 300 bux just after the first of the year.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@BTPost mentioned Ruger in another thread and I had forgotten about this recall. I saw this post, read it at work and never ran my numbers to see if I was part of the recall. Great pistol, fun to shoot.

Bumping for those that missed this thread or have moved a few times an may not have up-dated their address so they get recall info.
    :whistle:

Tully Mars likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7