ruger p89

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by sasquatch91, Aug 5, 2012.

1. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

traded my charles daly 12 guage semi auto for a ruger p89 in 9mm with around 150 rounds. seems like a pretty decent little gun, them 9mm look so tiny next to my .45 acp though, anyone got a p89 if so what you thing of it?

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

got a matched pair in stainless. reliable, accurate, I'll bet my life on it. a bit heavy for some, but if previously used to the colt 45, not so much.

3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

No, I don't have one. But I have often considered it and getting a Ruger PC9 carbine to go with it for ammo and mag compatibility. I'm just not that big of a fan for pistol caliber carbines unless it's .357 mag.

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I've had one for years and have put alot of rounds through it, good gun tuff gun. which like Tac said a little heavy but I like that make a great impact tool if they get up on you and you don't have shot. If you like the feel of it order you a set of the rubber wrap around combat grips for about $20.00 then you will really like it.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

My wrap arounds are soft textured Hoag's with finger grips

Alpha Dog likes this.
  6. Chizel21

Chizel21 Monkey

I have a p95. My first and only as of right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Carried a P89 for a few years and a P95 for a few more before coming over to the Glock side a few years back. Ruger P series are all excellent guns and I tend to recommend them as first handguns for folks new to shooting. A little heavier and not quite as forgiving as Glock, but a quality piece.

8. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

I picked up a cheap 944 to go with my wife's PC4. I like it more than I thought I would.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7