Ruger Pistols

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Oct 11, 2005.

1. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Anyone else have one? I have a beater P-89DC, well it was a beater now it is getting a pro paint job done on the slide by Redjacket Firearms. I am pretty excited:D

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I've got a 22/45, 5 1/2" bull barrel, a KP95DC, and a 7 1/2" Redhawk, magnaported, with an action job and Davis Custom forcing cone cut in it.

3. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have 3 Mark II .22 pistols and a Super Redhawk .454 Casull. I love my S&W revolvers so much I'll probably get rid of the Ruger as it just doesn't have the trigger that the Smiths' have.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

GP 100 and a new model Single Six. Love 'em. (Yeah, I know the conventional difference between "pistols" and "revolvers. I just don't care.)

5. magnus392

Oh yeah I have a Ruger Mk II .22 pistol too, forgot about it, lol... I like both of them and I am pretty decent with the 9mm. I am not big on the look of the newer Rugers. Do you like yours Ghost?

6. ghostrider

I like the P97, haven't even held a 345. The 97 is the best deal under 400 bucks on the market. With ammo it likes, it will shoot with guns that cost twice as much, and the smaller grip frame will fit more people's hands.

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ok..that is a problem I have..I have small hands...my S&W 9mm is what I carry all the time..and I love it....

But there is a gun show this weekend..and well...Yeah..I'm going on Sunday...

So this is good for someone like me? Thanks for the info Ghost.....

8. magnus392

Yeah I have big hands so smaller grips can be un comfy on a pistol for me....guess that is why I want a double stack .45 :sneaky:

9. ghostrider

Pick one up and see. The 97 is the .45 and the P95 is 9mm.

10. ghostrider

I added a fingergroove Pearce grip to my KP97 grip, built up what I needed under grip with rubber tape applied sticky side out

11. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

On my first Ruger I put huge Volquartsen grips for Bullseye shooting - they work really well.

12. CRC

Thanks..I was looking at a Walther...But might change my mind....

13. ghostrider

PPK, P99 or P5?

14. CRC

I looked at the the P99 but also the P990....

Guy at the pawn shop here has the P99..military...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7