Ruger Sp101 In .357

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by sasquatch91, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Never having lived in the real world, I couldn't say. Tell you what there, Dirty Harry, being able to move and engage 30 targets with multiple hits in under 20 seconds including reloads is a fun game and probably has no "real world" value, especially in a real world where most people with a concealed carry permit probably don't actually carry one firearm actually on their person 95% of the time because it is heavy, and difficult to actually conceal in the average joe day to day but what the hell, they can leave five or six of them in the car or on the dresser. I just never in my life saw somebody that would argue that reloading skills in a defensive or offensive, for matter, situation wasn't real world. .

Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Sorry, I would send you a "YouTube" of that night, but, it was dark, there were 3 of them and it was way before Youtube and I think you are not reading my post.

I never did argue that reloading skills in a defensive or offensive condition, was not a good skill.

I did say what I said about a spare loaded weapon.

You seem to be getting a bit hot under the collar so this will be my last post on this subject.

3. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

well the aint gonna be in town for another week so i went and bought a taurus model 856 .38 special 2'' revolver. ill get the ruger next payday

4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

sad-chair.
    You would have been happier with the Ruger... :p

sasquatch91 likes this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

My wife loves both of her 2 1/4" models...one with hammer spur, the other spurless. Installing a Wolfe hammer spring (7 lb IIRC) really makes them nice shooters.

6. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

ill still be getting the ruger next payday.

7. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Be sure you can return it if it shoots hard to one side... usually the right. I've run onto four Rugers that do that, and they all had/need to be sent back for adjustment. Don't know what the problem is/was, but it happens from time to time with them. SP101 is a great little gun btw.
    jim

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7