RUSSELMEANS ON LAKOTAH SOVEIGNTY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

RUSSEL MEANS ON LAKOTAH SOVERIGNTY

http://www.infowars.com/?p=585
    Someone better tell him the "constitution" he mentions seems to no longer hold the rule of law.

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sounds like there will be high demand there for folks with Quigs qualifications there. I wonder just what their laws look like and even more importantly, what protections they wil offer their people from the US feds. My gues is the Feds will simply ignore them and if they try to print/coin their own money or refuse to pay taxes to the US (or violate other US laws) then the feds will goin to arrest the people. So either things wont change or the Lakota will have to protect their people from being kidnapped and imprisoned by the US and so farI havent heard how they plan to do that.

3. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

probably another waco tx[beat]

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Can't say I see the feds letting north and south dakota become a sovereign nation...

5. monkeyman

A little more research basicly tells me that the feds plan exactly that and have stated as much, ignore their claims of sovernty and if they act as a sovern people then arrest those doing so. The Republic of Lakota also apparently has no military or intention of forming one so would have no means of protecting their citizens from such.

I did send an email to the Republic of Lakota to ask them just that and will see if I get a response but I figure unless they provide info to show otherwise then while its a nifty idea, that alone proves it to be simply a publicity/political ploy. A nation incapable of defending its people or lands from other nations is not sovern.

6. monkeyman

Well, it dont look like they have any intention of actualy being able to go anywhere with it. I sent them an email specificly asking how they planned to protect their citizens from foriegn governments subjegation and the following was the NON-anwser I got in response.

When one seeks to be free, fear is not a factor.

May the Great Mystery continue to guide and protect the paths of you
    and your loved ones.
    Russell Means
    http://www.republicoflakotah.com

So looks like they have no intention of doing anything more than getting press or if they do then simply dont have the foresight to make it even remotely possible since its kind of hard to 'be free' from the inside of a cell or pine box and its already been stated that if anyone trys to follow their plan thats where they will be as far as the feds are concerned.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Some very interesting time we live in thats for sure.

8. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Russel Means sought the Libertarian Presidential nomination in 1988. As you all know, he didn't win.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7