Russian have control of half of our Uranium mines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -06, Dec 12, 2010.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Article from Newsmax:--What the heck are we allowing our "leaders" to do to the security of our nation. These people will ship this stuff out of country and there is nothing we will be able to do about it. Just seems crazy to me, 06
    ETA: like allowing the fox to guard the henhouse.

Russia to Control Half of U.S. Uranium
    Talk show host Glenn Beck has a question: Why is the federal government allowing a state-owned Russian company to gain control of half the uranium mined in the United States?
    The uranium company ARMZ, which is wholly owned by the Russian State Corporation for Nuclear Energy, has paid $610 million for control of Uranium One Inc., a Canadian company that owns two uranium mines in Wyoming.
    The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and the Committee of Foreign Investment in the United States have both approved the deal, which according to the Financial Times could give ARMZ control of more than half of American uranium production.
    Beck said on his TV program Monday: “May I ask why are we selling uranium mines to Russia? Two uranium mines in Wyoming are on their way to control by a Russian company. The NRC has OK’d the license transfer to a Russian company. Uranium used in missiles. The name of the company? ARMZ.
    “But they are saying now they are not worried at all about Russia’s ARMZ making Russian arms . . .
    “Wyoming’s congressional delegation said the uranium could in theory go overseas and serve against U.S. interests. Everyone in Wyoming said don’t do this. And they did it anyway.”
    The NRC said Uranium One and ARMZ lack a license to export nuclear fuel, and material from the Wyoming mines must be used in the United States, Bloomberg reported.
    But Beck was skeptical, telling listeners the Russian company should be named “We’re Going to Smuggle This Out, Put It Into a Bomb and Blow You Up, Inc.”

2. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

I could not agree with you more. what the heck is the Obama regime think they are doing? Does everybody remember the port fiasco a couple years back? Bush shut it down This is even worse than that. The thing that makes it so bad is this company has sold uranium to IRAN........IRAN for gods sake.............They are assuring a world war going Neuclear now. Achmagiveahorseanobjob or whatever his name is....is freaking NUTS..........They will toss a missle at ISREAL, and isreal will throw everything they have in the arsenal at not only IRAN but every single arab country in that area. and there all hell breaks loose.MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I have no words... no words to speak to illustrate my disgust.

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

If you knew half the crap that goes on in the metals industry you'd be even more disgusted. IMHO as far as metals go we need to worry more about china. Those folks are in it to win it and we're turing into an industrial also ran...

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

as an avid reader of Zerohedge.com, I get it.. trust me, I get it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7