Russia's response to the recent global wave of ransomware viruses

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, May 16, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]
    Spray the computers with holy water...that'd work!
    Russian Orthodox Leader Sprays Holy Water on Government Computers to Stop WannaCry Attack

https://twitter.com/EnglishRussia1/status/864113219761262592/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/05/16/russian-orthodox-leader-sprays-holy-water-on-government-computers-to-stop-wannacry-attack/

I'm not convinced that holy water or prayer will cure computer systems of digital demons...any more than a lucky rabbit's foot will offer any better protection or help. Better get a computer tech, son....better get a real good one....(spoken to the tune of The Cruel Sea's song)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Trouble

Trouble Monkey

Is it just me or does the guy on the left look like he's trying not to laugh?

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Could be....though, the Russian military has a tradition of ritual humiliation, which I'm guessing this bit, is probably a lot more benign than boot camp humiliation might have been. It looks like Kirill's fabulously expensive wrist watch has disappeared from view again.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, Russian Orthodox has a blessing for just about everything. The wife has had them out to bless both of the homes we have built/purchased as soon as we moved in...can't say it has done any good but it made her happy and is harmless so...

Trouble likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Might be useless, but it's still more than most have done to protect their systems.

Bandit99, Trouble and oldawg like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7