S&W .357

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TLynn, Aug 14, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think I have this thing for old S&W revolvers (if you couldn't tell yet).

However, this one is for melbo - just because he mentioned something about .357's in another post.

It even comes with the S&W leather holster. This one has been shot (probably 100-200 rounds through it).

[​IMG]

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sweet - my 3 S&W's are all stainless.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

nice.
    I didn't get pics today. will do so soon

4. TLynn

At least you guys know what you own. As always I'm clueless (but that's normal for me). :D

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

SWEET! I love the .357 S&Ws like that. Isnt that the one thats built on a .44 frame?

6. TLynn

BTK - I've got to get into the safe Tuesday (somebody's coming over to pick up his son's rifle - he hocked it to me back in April and his dad finally said enough is enough and will be here with the money - hmmm I doubt his son will see said rifle for quite some time again). I'll check it out then.

monkeyman - I don't have a clue...

7. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Yes, that's the N-Frame Adjustable sight version.
    M24 44 Special
    M25 45
    M27 357
    M28 357 Fixed sights
    M29 44 Mag

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thats what I thought, though didnt know the modle. Its just like the one that was my 'teddy bear' when I lived at home, except the one dad has is well used and has the holster wear.

9. TLynn

Thank you ghostrider, thank you, thank you!!!

10. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

[winkthumb]

11. melbo

2 .357s and a .22LR

Bad pics, Camera was set funny

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TLynn

[drooling]

13. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sweet six shooters......... [applaud]

14. TLynn

BTK, it was kind of fun checking out the .357 tonight when I had to get into the safe. Of course it was also fun just getting into 2 of the safes and showing off guns. So I now know the .357 is a 28-2. That was cool. We had fun handling all the weapons and he agreed with me the .41 mag definitely needed to stay unfired.

My poor baby brother will not get to shoot it. He'll just have to make do with this .357 instead.

And on that note I'm afraid I'm a bit bummed as well. My pretty little Colt Sistema went bye, bye as well this evening.

At least it went to a loving home of a 100% disabled Vietnam veteran who has done a heck of a lot for other veterans over the years. He'll take good care of it and he will at least take it out and shoot it - where as I just let it sit in the safe and kept taking out the Commander instead.

Damn, I am going to cry... :cry:

15. melbo

I hate letting them go. I think I've only traded 1 or 2 and not sold any. My case is like a lobster trap: in and no out. I need to get a family shot someday... [touchdown]

16. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

No offense intended, but I've owned a couple of M 28's and both of them has adjustable sights. In fact, I've never seen a M28 without adjustable sights. Is there a 28-X that has fixed?

jim

17. TLynn

As far as I know all M28's are with adjustable sights and the M27's are fixed sights. Then again I'm still learning so my knowledge changes daily as I do more and more research into this.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7