S&W 41 mag revolver

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TLynn, Aug 13, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yes I'm nuts but dang I just can't resist pretty S&W revolvers

Especially when they've never been fired.

Pictures will follow soon.

No I didn't need it - but I wanted it (could I afford it??? - not really). But that's beside the matter.

It's purty!!! And it's in a presentation case (of course the felt in the case is worn thin and coming off - roflmao!!!

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

n e e d ....p i c s

3. TLynn

I have not had the time to clean the felt off of it or anything else - so forgive the look of it (and this was a quick snap shot).

But here it is - yes I've got a weakness for S&W handguns

[​IMG]

4. ghostrider

57 no dash

5. TLynn

ghost - yes a M57

Pretty though. I'll probably never shoot it. Like I said I just have a weakness for S&W revolvers.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

very nice T, I've got 5 S&W revolvers. I'll get some pics and put them up tomorrow. My Father was a S&W collector and has been slowly parting out to the boys over the years

I know all about that felt, wd40 and other oils eat it up. I've got one in a wood case. no felt....

7. TLynn

melbo - I think in this case age ate the felt up. No oil has touched this gun since it's never been fired or anything else (believe me no oil has touched it either).

What I truly miss is the .38 S&W revolver I had. It was originally a policeman's gun out of Sacramento that my brother gave me. It got stolen about 9 yrs ago. Still miss it to this day and have never found one to match it.

But that doesn't stop me from collecting others. God knows what I'll do with a .41 mag (and as I said it's doubtful I'll shoot it) but it's cute and it'll add to the collection.

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Very nice TLynn. Very nice.

9. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I do love the triggers on the older Smiths! I've always wanted to try 41 Mag since I reload, maybe one of these days. Sweet gun!

10. TLynn

Come up and visit Valkman and you can shoot it. Just think you can honestly say you got to shoot a vintage .41 cal S&W that was brand new in presentation case...

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I'd take some pics, but mine are in the Dishwasher right now.... Or is it the Glocks that are in the Dishwasher? One of the sets is doing a "clean" cycle in the oven... not sure which

I'm sure ghost will tell me

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    b:: :lol: [ROFL] [deadhorse]

13. ghostrider

[ROFL]
    After so many times on other forums I could have used the dead horse, one finally comes up, and E.L. beats me to it.

14. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

I used to own a M58, and it was a good shooter. So was the three screw Ruger Blackhawk in .41. I love the caliber and think I'll get another one soon.

jim

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Schweeeeet!!
    Gotta`love an "N" frame4"; only thing prettier is a 6" colt python blued
    had a mdl29 8 3/8" for a while ( couldn't afford to feed it, didn't hunt with it, kicking myself in the ass now[smsh])

16. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

I know whatcha mean there!

17. TexasDoc

TexasDoc Monkey+++ Founding Member

I carried a Mod.57 when I was with the Sheriff's Dept. in Bastrop Co. Texas and I like the gun other then it was like packing a brick for 12 hours per day.

I have some hand loads for it still one day I will get me one back.

Doc

18. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a buddy that picked on of those up in .41 mag last wkend

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7