S333 Thunderstruck

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Jul 16, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

this is a very unusual firearm...

[​IMG]
    If you see this little blaster first time, don’t worry, you don’t have vision issues – it indeed has two barrels. Moreover, it fires two rounds simultaneously upon a trigger pull – a type of firing that is defined as volley fire which is different from the full auto definition. In fact, when Standard Manufacturing first showed this gun (January 2019), it was called S333 Volleyfire. Apparently, they renamed it to S333 Thunderstruck and now you can purchase this pocket artillery piece.

[​IMG]

The S333 Thunderstruck is a double action rimfire revolver chambered in .22 WMR. It has an 8-round cylinder capacity, however, because it fires two round per trigger pull, you have four trigger pulls until the cylinder is empty. The gun has a Glock-style trigger safety and the trigger itself is designed to be pulled with two fingers. The trigger guard is merely a shield in front of the trigger leaving the latter unprotected from the bottom. Probably, the existence of a trigger safety will eliminate the possible dangers associated with the absence of a trigger guard on the bottom portion.

Standard Manufacturing S333 Thunderstruck Now Shipping -

tacmotusn, Ura-Ki, techsar and 4 others like this.
  2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

That’s a gun for the mommy’s babies that don’t have money for a glock. Piece of junk or worst will make someone mad enough to kill you.
    [flag]

tacmotusn likes this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

The price will get you two Hi Point nines with bucks left over for extra mags and a box or two of rounds. Bash them all you want, I have and have had various Hi Points and after smoothing and break in they just keep on working.

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That a cheap can and a tax stamp.

5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Is it S/A only or S/A D/A?

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Only value I can see is as a RARE ODDITY speculation purchase for future sale 50 - 100 years from now. Buy it, prepare it for long term storage, vacuum bag it, box and store it. Save the purchase receipt, original box etc sealed and put aside as well. Put it in Trust for a Grandchild.

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Instead of twice with a small caliber, maybe once with a more powerful cartridge would work better

Thunder5Ranch and Oddcaliber like this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah...I also fail to see its value. Maybe if I had the bucks and space to be a grand firearms collector but other than an oddity (as Tac pointed out) I don't see the point of owning such a firearm.

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Do two 22 cal pellets equal a single 44?

Bandit99 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  10. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Heck,a .25 would be a better option!

11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

You guys did notice it's a .22 magnum?

12. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Yes. Still I cannot see the equivalence to a 44 as ghrit wondered above.

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  13. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Over priced novelty gun is what I see :( Plus it is more than a little on the homely side.

oldawg likes this.
  14. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Makes a Hi Point look like a beauty queen!

Thunder5Ranch and oldawg like this.
  15. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

It would make a good snake gun

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

only if you had .22 Mag Shot Shells....

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's why I used to carry a Redhawk as my field gun with a few of these followed by 4 stiff bear loads. I hand loaded mine with 44 mag brass and CCI sells the plastic sabots. IIRC the Speer manual I used had load data for the shot shells.
    [​IMG]

18. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Uh, just no.

An answer to a problem that doesn't exist.

And it's ugly too.

Tully Mars likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7