Sadlak Update

Discussion in 'Sadlak Industries' started by RightHand, Jun 4, 2014.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Many of you have been good enough to visit our old Facebook page but since it was merely a page under a personal account, I decided it was time that we made a "real" business page. To that end, we now have Sadlak Industries - Coventry, Connecticut - Company | Facebook.

We'd love it if you stopped by for a visit. I got a little lazy in my postings on the old page but I promise to do better with this new one. Also, I have asked Roger Sperry, our inside sales person, to help with this page. Its taken me all these years to admit that I can't do everything myself and sometimes need a little of someone else's time to get things done.

I'm also resurrecting our blog where I plan on doing at the very least a quarterly newsletter type of entry. I would like to write some articles that answer questions most frequently asked of us, or about topics of general interest to the M14 community. I'll keep you posted on the progress of this plan.

One last thing, and I'm really excited about this! I'm planning on creating a Sadlak Calendar for 2015 and am looking for photo submissions, My initial plan is to have one M14 per month with a little information about the configuration, what's upgrades have been made, maybe a little about how it shoots and anything else you might like to brag about. I think this is going to be fun for us and you as well - imagine seeing your personal girl on a calendar that I hope will be seen around the country, maybe several countries.

If you are interested in submitting a photo, please send one of the highest resolution you can because these are going to print, not just screen viewing.

I can't promise to use everyone's but I'll try to get in as many as possible, maybe having one collage page of the photos not used as the M14 of the Month.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I'm very open to suggestions and would really enjoy the participation of the M14 community.

Look forward to hearing from you

Dee
    for this, email me at specialprojects@sadlak.com
    tel 860-742-0227
    or PM me here

Tracy, tacmotusn, Georgia_Boy and 6 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The new page looks great!!

RightHand likes this.
  3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Hmmmm.... I have a few photo ideas that might be interesting (I like complex lighting and even a little light painting) but one of my M1As doesn't have a scope mount and another has the wrong one (a Springfield Armory). Hmm... might need a new mount or two....

AT

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

mmmmm I could help you with that little problem Airtime

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Nice FB Page. Now I want a M1A1 more than ever!!

6. RightHand

Buy it! shoot it, then buy another because one will never be enough

Tracy and oldawg like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Looking good, RH. ;)

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I wish Mike would design a scope mount for an M14 that would allow use of the iron sights too. Nobody seems to think that is important but bad things do happen to good glass at the worst possible moments.

oldawg, ghrit, kellory and 3 others like this.
  9. RightHand

LOL Very funny! You know very well that you can use your iron sights with your scope installed on your Titanium Mount. the only time you lose use of iron sights is if you install a mount with an objective lens of around 50mm or greater. In those cases, there are two problems. First, the scope may have to be mounted on higher rings in order to clear the handguard and requiring a high cheek riser. In theory, you could make an adjustment in the cheek riser when you wanted to use iron sights and drop it down but that isn't very practical. If you used a lower ring, you might be able to clear the handguard but you would definitely obscure the channel in the mount that would allow iron sight use.

So, use a scope with a smaller objective lends, up to 45-46mm, and rings with a height of approximately .84" from center of ring to top of rail and you will be good to go.

Sapper John and tacmotusn like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7