Safety Course

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Cruisin Sloth, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I failed a Health and Safety course at work today.

One of the questions was: "In the event of a fire, what steps would you take?"

"Feckin' big ones" was apparently the wrong answer.

2. Chongsoft Army!!!!!

Chongsoft Army!!!!! Hung Far Low Tea Bagger

My company refers to them as Thermal Events...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Have you ever noticed that fire extinguishers have a sign over them with Braille on it?
    If blind person can not find a big fire extinguishers hanging on the wall how is a little sign going to help?

Tracy likes this.
  4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I taught a TCP/IP class at Thiakol once (I think that's how you spell it). They made the solid rocket boosters for the shuttle. They claim to have never had an explosion on site but admit to several "fast burns" and "conflagrations" which are apparently indistinguishable from an explosion to the naked eye.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The difference is the velocity of the Burn Rate..... and to the uninitiated, it looks the same or very similar..... ..... YMMV....

6. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

BT, only to a Professional is there a difference in the BOOM LoL

tulianr likes this.
  7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

It really wants to expand so the trick is don't contain it.. Contain it and that fast burn becomes a loud boom.

Before MREs came with a means of heating; we used C4 to cook with as it wasn't contained it burnt happily. ;)

Sapper John likes this.
  8. DarkLight

Which is why you NEVER EVER EVER stomp on burning C4 to put it out. That's just a little tip from your Uncle DarkLight, trying to make your life a little easier (and maybe that much longer). :grin:

9. BTPost

I do not know who taught you about Energetic Materials Science, but The FACT is that you can NOT cause Burning C4 to Detonate by stomping on it, or even hitting it with the BIGGEST Hammer you could possibly Lift. Any thinking that one could is, just TOTAL BS, and NOT supported by the FACTS. This is why C4 is a common Military Field Energetic. It is impervious to physical Low Velocity (Less than SuperSonic) Shocks, even when burning. Standard Velocity Blasting Caps are even iffy to secure 100% Detonation. What is required is a Boosted Cap, with not only a Primary Initiation Charge like Lead Azide, or Lead Styphanate, that triggers a Secondary Booster Charge of PETN. . YMMV.....

10. DarkLight

Ok...never seen it done, just passing on what the Scoutmaster who lit it on fire told us when I was 15. He was the one in the Army, not me. He was the one with the "first hand story". Mine is a mimeograph.

11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

For being an explosive, all PBXs (plastic bonded explosive) are reasonably safe, relatively easy to mold, good bounce for it's weight etc.

M112 or a stick of C4 is a plastic binder mixed with RDX. It is a good all purpose blow stuff up explosive. The explosive charge in a claymore is C4 which shows C4 can be directional or what explosives consider directional. :D

Detcord works right well with PBX.

Although it is easy to blow up a tree getting it to land where you want is quite a different subject. Explosives are too often over simplified.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You'll get a hotfoot stomping on anything that has it's own oxidizer, but your shoe might stay on ---

13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Also, if you eat it; you get really sick. :D

Astrolite is more volatile and poisonous.

14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions FOLKS !!!!!

Not where this funny was hijacked !!!

Have a funny safe day .. All & play well together

15. BTPost

Astrolite was discovered quite by "Accident" literally by an Industrial Accident that Destroyed the Lab, and left a "Smoking Hole in the Ground" where the Lab used to be, in the South Seattle Industrial area. Astrolite is AmmoniaNitrate and Hydrazine mixed, similar to ANFO, but Hydrazine is ONE NASTY Chemical. Extremely Corrosive, Volatile, and Poisonous in the Vapor Phase. Not to be messed with by the uninitiated. Once it was discovered, Rocket Research spun off the Research Phase in a New Company called ExploCo. (Explosive Corporation of America in Issaquah, Washington) ExploCo then characterized and Marketed the then New Energetic, as the Most Powerful Energetic Know. It held that distinction until Dr. Rogers theorized and then synthesized Octo-Nitro Cubane. History of Super High Energetics 101... ..... YMMV....

16. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I taught a TCP/IP class at Thiakol once (I think that's how you spell it). They made the solid rocket boosters for the shuttle. They claim to have never had an explosion on site but admit to several "fast burns" and "conflagrations" which are apparently indistinguishable from an explosion to the naked eye.[/quote]

Detonation vs. deflagration.... big difference [beat][beat] better remember that... there may be a test...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7