1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Saiga 308

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by coondawg47, Jan 24, 2011.

1. coondawg47

coondawg47 Monkey+

Shoots 1 MOA when I do my part.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  2. Diddy

Diddy Monkey+

I certainly wouldn't mind one. I don't own a .308 but if I were to buy one this would be it.

I do like the wooden stock on them though.

Yours looks nice, did you do the conversion yourself?
  3. randy

randy Monkey+

The Saigas are nice. I really screwed up several years ago and sold mine. It was a .223, not converted, just a stock gun but it was a very nice shooter.
    Now I can't find a local retailer selling them here in Central PA.
  4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I own a DMPS Panther Oracle 7.62X51 (.308), scoped with a Nikon Prostaff - sweet little weapon. I've run close to 2000 rounds through it, no FTF or FTL's, and I am shooting NATO surplus.
  5. coondawg47

coondawg47 Monkey+

I bought it used in 2002 for $300.00. It was already converted. Best trigger of all my AK's and probably my favorite rifle to shoot.
  6. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Just got a flier from Cabela's they have a DPMS in either .308 or 5.56 for $700 not a bad deal !!
  7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

C - That is an awesome price, most likely the flat-top Sporticle without all the bells and whistles!
  8. Diddy

Diddy Monkey+

That really is a great price. New unconverted ones go for about $450-550.
  9. coondawg47

coondawg47 Monkey+

I would say it was a good investment! I could probably sell it for 6-800 now. I won't though.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary