1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Energy SaltWater EnergyCell: Lantern + USB Phone/Gear Charging

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by ZigZag, Feb 21, 2016.

1. ZigZag

ZigZag Monkey

Ditching Batteries for Salt Water: Interesting Article in GizmagLink
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Interesting. My concern would be that I can get batteries readily. Not sure about the replacement rods. Although, I am surrounded by salt water... Next concern would be how to store it after using it over a weekend of camping. Do you wash off the rod? And I couldn't find specs, such as how bright it is.

Pretty cool though.
  3. ZigZag

ZigZag Monkey

Hi Hanzo,
    Yes it is interesting. Re Brightness, this is not designed as a tactical light. Light output is a balance of power draw to light output. The 16 LED lantern gives 360 degree coverage to table/work area with a comfortable level of light for reading and performing everyday activities or to light your way at night. As for replacement rods, they are a standard consumable to be available online world-wide and in retail stores as it rolls out after the crowdfunding campaign. You are correct, to store after a weekend of camping, you give the EnergyCell and the PowerRods a rinse and simply let them dry in the open air till next use.
  1. stg58
  2. UncleMorgan
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Ura-Ki
  5. Vaejovis carolinanus
  6. UncleMorgan
  7. budgetprepp-n
  8. svjoe
  9. hitchcock4
  10. Yard Dart
  11. hitchcock4
  12. budgetprepp-n