Salute

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Airtime, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You beat me to it. I read about that, earlier today, and intended to post that this evening. I wonder who he is saluting. God? St. Peter? Or whoever gave him his orders?o_O

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He's saluting the officer awarding the Purple Heart to him. Traditional and customary. What's amazing is that the salute is from a guy that was assumed to be unconscious.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is "My Opinion" that he was Saluting his Commanding Officer that had just awarded him the "Purple Heart" and by doing so acknowledged the receipt of that Medal..... .....

and on Another NOTE:. I Salute the Army Captain who was awarded the "Medal of Honor" yesterday... as a Great Example of a Unit Commander, showing his love for his Troops. That Soldier he kissed was his First Sargent, wounded twice in the battle, that his Superiors refused to send Reinforcements, or Air Cover, when called upon by the Captain...

There is "No greater Bond in the Army than that, between a Unit Commander and his First Sargent".... My Opinion... YMMV...

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7