Sandra Bullock's husband to pay 271,000 dollars for selling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Sandra Bullock's husband, reality TV customizer Jesse James, will pay a quarter-million dollars for selling motorcycles that violated California air standards, officials said.

The California Air Resources Board announced the settlement in a statement.

James, the star of the "Monster Garage" television show, sold more than 50 motorcycles from his Long Beach shop that failed to meet emissions standards.

James, 37, wed "Speed" star Bullock, 42, in 2005. He could not immediately be reached for comment.

James, a distant relative of the legendary 19th century US outlaw of the same name, achieved fame with his television show, which follows him and a crew as they customize vehicles.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I'm sure those motorcycles really damaged our environment to the tune of a quarter million dollars....... Bad Jessie..... Bad! [beat]

3. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

What I want to know is how paying this fine will clean the air ?

Will they put it in plane and drop all of those 1 dollar bills out so they can absorb the pollutants ?

Perhaps put some filters all over a plane and have it fly around the state ?

Someone please explain to me just how this all works ?

4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

"Someone please explain to me just how this all works ?"

The purpose of most laws are in the hope they will be broken and generate fees.

Now do you understand ?

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Oh, he understood.

That money won't clean up a thing..... unless you include the politicians illegal alien maid cleaning his house for some of the money they pocketed.

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

kalifornia, why would anyone live there? :mad:

I can just see him flippin' them off, then getting a tattoo of it.

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

What about fining the used car salesmen for older cars that won't pass the emissions tests??

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I watched Jessie last night help build a "monster garage" hummer with military mechanics in Iraq. Jessie seems like he would be a lot of fun, and I know he helped the morale when he was there. [flag]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7