Santa Tracker 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tully Mars, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

NORAD has been tracking Santa's trip around the globe every year now for 60 years. I have very fond memories for setting this up for my daughters when they were young and will do it for the grandchildren this year.
    Merry Christmas y'all

Official NORAD Santa Tracker

Hanzo, Ganado, Bear and 8 others like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Hopefully Santa has flare and chaff dispensers ready when he goes over Russia...:LOL:

[​IMG]

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I love Santa tracker. It is part of Christmas in our home. No matter how old, the kids and I are always checking on Santa's progress. I have to applaud the folks at NORAD, they do a great job.

Tully Mars, oldawg and stg58 like this.
  5. Tully Mars

They do. I remember as a kid we had to call in. :)

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You got to call in? We never knew it existed until we got the internet. I like how they put educational stuff in there.

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. Tully Mars

I suppose we knew about it because of all the Army personnel in the area. Our place backed up against a large Army base in Washington State.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just before Christmas, my kids all pestered me to Warm up the HF Radio, and get Santa on the Radio, so they could make their plea, for their Major Present, from the Jolly Old Man.... I would preArrange with a local Friend, and they would get their time.. We still laugh about some of those Days, and they all have fond memories....

Tully Mars and Mountainman like this.
  9. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I remember when Santa moved into the 20th century in the 50' & 60's arriving in a Whirlybird..

[​IMG]

Later he rappelled in with newer helicopters after SEAL training in San Diego...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    kellory, Hanzo, 3M-TA3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He needs pontoons, not runners, in this nekka. Rain and mid 50s instead of the usual mid 20s and snow. Yeesh. Well, at least the ground isn't frozen so the wells can recharge.

My sister is setting up NORAD for her gran dotter. I'd almost like to be there to see that operation --

Tully Mars likes this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

[​IMG]

kellory, Hanzo, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Cool looking countermeasures!

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That's what the reindeer poo is for. That's why he has to reload them, often.

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  14. kellory

When I was young, my Grandfather SHOT SANTA!ohno:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    We kids were VERY upset by this.
    We heard the argument out on the lawn, between Grandpa and Santa, and grandpa wanted that D@mn sled off his roof NOW! HE WAS SURE it was going to cave in his roof, and he aught to know, because be built that house himself! Those deer weren't doing his shingles any good either! (Boy he was mad) Santa refused, said he was busy and to leave him be or he be put on the naughty list. And Grandpa shot him as a trespassers and a vandal. Two shot we heard, and we ran outdoors in our night clothes, because we had been sent to bed. (Not that we could sleep of course) and across that snow covered roof, were two sled tracks, lots of hoofprints, and a bloodtrail down the roof !!! We were sure Santa was a goner!
    We were amazed to see in the morning, that Santa had sneeked back and had fulfilled his mission, and brought gifts anyways. (My cousin thought Santa might be related to Wolverine, and heal really fast).
    So not only is Santa really fast, but he is really old because he heals so well.:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Ganado, Hanzo and oldawg like this.
  15. Tully Mars

I'm at a loss for words..

Ganado and kellory like this.
  16. kellory

Yeah, I was surprised by the uses of reindeer poo too...

Ganado likes this.
  17. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

ROFLMAO

Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7