Sarah Palin endorses McCain

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Minuteman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

A good anaylisis of SP.

++ SARAH PALIN, JOHN McCAIN AND PATRICK HUGHES

During this past presidential race, I wanted to get to know what Sarah
    Palin really believed, but didn’t think we would know as the McCain
    machine had tight shackles on her during the campaign. I have urged
    people not to make up their minds about her one way or the other until
    we could really find out what she stands for. Therefore, I have been
    looking forward to reading her book to try and get a better
    understanding about this charismatic person who might well be a
    candidate for president in 2012.

Then last week, she endorsed John McCain in his re-election bid as
    Arizona’s senior senator. What a disappointment, for Palin to play
    such an establishment game. I can understand her not opposing McCain,
    after all his choice of Sarah propelled her to the national stage and
    set her up for where she is today. But it would have been much better
    for her to remain silent rather than support such a moderate
    Republican as McCain.

To be honest, I would support having 3rd party candidates or
    independents on the ballot if we had a general election run off system
    in our state. However, we don’t and I believe it requires so much
    energy to raise up a third party or independent candidate to the
    minimum support level for a Republican or Democrat candidate that I
    believe those efforts are a waste of time and energy. On top of near
    impossibility of such a candidacy leading to success, independent
    candidates may actually lead to the election of a bad candidate over a
    good candidate or the greater of two evils, rather than the lesser of
    two evils in some races.

At the national level the Democrat party is a lost cause with it being
    fully under control of the most radical leftists and progressives in
    our nation. However, there is a tremendous battle going on for the
    soul of the Republican party. Will the Republicans continue their slow
    slide toward progressive statists or will it purify itself and refocus
    on conservative principles? Much of talk radio has come alive and is
    challenging such notions of trying to be just a little less liberal
    than the Democrats.

Sarah Palin’s endorsement of McCain shows incredibly poor judgment or
    a willingness to play the game. Many of the tea party and 912 groups
    are tired of playing the games. They have been educating themselves
    and are looking for true leaders with a respect and understanding of
    the Constitution. On top of that, they are looking for people that
    will take a stand upon those principles. McCain has little to none of
    those qualities and Sara runs the risk of defining the word "rogue" as
    meaning establishment and nothing different than those who have
    preceded her.

Today, there will be a primary election in Illinois which pit’s a very
    liberal Republican establishment candidate who believes in global
    warming, cap and trade, is opposed to drilling in anwar and even
    supports partial birth abortion. Opposing him is a conservative
    Republican businessman by the name of Patrick Hughes. If Sarah wants
    to be taken seriously as a "conservative" then she needs to be
    supporting candidates like Mr. Hughes rather than supporting worn out
    liberals such as McCain. As for me, the jury is still out on Sarah,
    but supporting McCain certainly earns her strike one, with 2 more to
    go before she strikes out.

2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

she just lost my support. I was starting to like her, but she killed any notion of that by supporting McCain.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Who was running against McCain?
    I prefer Glenn Beck's policy of not endorsing anyone at anytime.

4. Minuteman

I like Kinky Friedmans philosophy "Never re-elect anybody!"

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I do not care for Kinky's anti-gun views. He said if he was elected Gov. he would rescind the CHL's immediately.

6. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

just another pretty face

7. Minuteman

I didn't know that. Glad he didn't get the job!!

8. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I agree that McCain not a conservative; but he is also the recipient of Sarah P.'s support probably in the form of a political favor in return for the launch her career got from being selected as Repub. V.P. candidate in '08.

Mrs. Palin understands that politics really do make strange bedfellows. In order to achieve a desirable goal, one must often do so in a round about way when there are minimal options offering a better choice.

The Repub. strategy (probably Palin's too) should be to get rid of the Rinos where you can; keep them where you have no better alternative; all the while working to regain and grow the true conservative core with new honest, honorable senators and representatives.

It will be a never-ending process because we humans are corruptible, and will need to be purged through the election system continuously. As long as the truth is presented by the alternative media and hopefully Fox Network, we can continuously improve the quality of our politicians, support our Constitution and keep them honest. I just don't know if the forces of Evil will attempt to accelerate and consolidate their ascendancy to power by instigating a 'false flag' event, not letting an "emergency go to waste".

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You got that right Capt. Tyree. She's doing a bit of harm in order to do a little good (in her mind at least).

10. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

From what I have seen/heard on the old boob tube, the decision was not a good one for her, IF she wants to continue in politics....
    But, ya just never know about these things.....
    They also said she is scheduled to attend (speak?) at a Tea Party event....
    Not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing....
    Tea party is catching it from their own people.....

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Could be some truth to that, Dragonfly. And as we all may know, even "bad news" is good news in the world of politics. Keeping Palin on the front pages with constant headlines is enough; this means that she has a future in politics, and will most likely be utilized in one way or another. If she were simply tossed out and never discussed, she would become obsolete. The masses would have to redirect their attention to yet another hopeful contender in the political arena, heralded as victim, foe, or friend and kept as an overriding thought in the consumer-culture.

12. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

I, too, have been disappointed with Sarah Palin's recent endorsement decisions. I understand she may feel the need to "play the game" to some extent; however, I believe her main support base is the type to be weary of such games.
    I'm not to thrilled about her receiving 100K to speak at the tea party convention in Tennessee. A for-profit company has organized it, and they will be charging $350 per ticket to Palin's speech. This has caused it to lose much of its support.
    She also recently endorsed neocon Gov. Rick Perry over a very strong constitutional female, Medina. But, she also endorses Rand Paul's run in another state. How can you support Paul and not Medina? They are nearly one in the same. I've lost a great deal of my respect for her, but not all.

13. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

okay, so I just heard she was donating the speaking fee back to the cause.

14. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

At first I liked Palin alot but the closer she began mimicking McCain and toeing the neocon line the farther from favor she fell for me .

Left leaning shit heads like McCain and Bush are the Republican Party's biggest problems , Wanting to just hand out total citizenship to the tens of millions of south american trash here rather than enforcing our Nations laws is one of my personal pet peeves .

Americans who have worked for years and paid in tens of thousands of dollars into programs like Social Security , have disabillity claims get denied and have to fight with the same government just to get any of their own money that was stolen from them for decades yet Law makers will hand it out to every POS who is here illegally in all sorts of forms of programs including educating kids who live in Mexico but are allowed to cross the border evey day to attend grade school !

Scum like McCain and Bush see nothing wrong with any of this and apparrently neither does Palin if she wants to warm her nose on their Azz's .

McCains whole "I'm a Maverick" line can and should be changed to say "I'm just a scum sucking Democrat running under the Republican banner !!!" Bush ran up recorded deficets because unlike all other Republicans before him he signed every piece of garbage filled Law Congress sent him , I can't recall him issuing a single Veto of anything !

Palin might as well move to Cali and prepare herself to replace some of the Liberal women from there when they have to retire due to age or illness !

15. Egret

Egret Monkey++

Sarah Palin is first and foremost for Sarah Palin. We desperately need a new leader who can fix our broken democracy but she is most definitely not it. JMO.

16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

17. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Peggy Hill?
    sarah%20palin%20and%20peggy%20hill. peggy-hill-sara-palin1.

18. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

That's not going Rogue. That business as usual. She's in it for the money just like Glenn Beck.

19. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Oorah Slugomist...You put into pictures what I've been reluctantly noticing for months each time Sarah P. shows up on TV. This one freaky resemblance to Peggy Hill could, and probably already has, subliminally weaken anything of value to the conservative cause that she might say. Anyone who watches "King of the Hill" knows that Peggy always seems to get things wrong or misunderstood, only to be subtly helped along by Hank without her ever realizing her basic fault--not a flattering comparison to Sarah P.

If I were one of her adviser's, I would tell her to lose any glasses with square lenses, replacing them with contacts and/or rounded lenses. I'd then advise her to subtly lighten or highlight her auburn -brown hair in spots (I've always liked auburn, but we're talkin' too close to Peggy Hill...).

Then, since I'm in the makeover consultancy mode, I'd tell her to seek out a voice and public speaking pro to work on that shrill squeakiness that comes out when she raises volume and goes for emphasis. That shrillness detracts from the actual content of her speech, which often consists of some fairly sound conservative ideas. As many speeches as she has given during her career, I think she still needs to learn what range, tone, and volume "settings" her public speaking voice is most effective. Every successful politician knows his/her speaking voice, its strengths and limitations. Sarah is good, but she could be a lot better; and I think her FOX network TV gig will add to her presentation strengths.

20. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

There's also a bit of the Frances McDormand character Marge from the movie "Fargo" - Palin's just a bit too cheerful for what's going on in this country right now.

I suspect she's the chosen shepherd who's going to lead the conservative sheep into the election corral for another shearing.

Don't fall for it!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7