Saul Alinsky and How the Left Sees the Rest of Us

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by pearlselby, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Tikka
    "There is always free cheese in a mouse trap..."
    There you go again spoiling my free eats! :sick:

Tikka likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If those numbers are correct, there are nearly twice as many on foodstamps in the US, as the total population of Australia.

pearlselby likes this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm still waiting for my free Obama assault rifle. Are they still available now that holder as stepped down, and do I have to join a Mexican drug cartel to qualify?

pearlselby and Yard Dart like this.
  4. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

@3M-TA3, Your avatar always cracks me up! Love it. He sure is immersed in his job. lol I wonder if the water level is changing. Just a thought.

Trump is reporting that the true unemployment is between 47-49 percent.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@3M-TA3
    I think you miss it as it was a limited time only special give away: Fast & Furious
    (If my memory serves me right)

@pearlselby
    Donald Trump says the unemployment rate may be 42 percent
    "During the Sept. 28, 2015, media event, Trump described an unemployment rate in the range of 5 percent as 'such a phony number.' I've seen numbers of 24 percent -- I actually saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. Forty-two percent." He continued, "5.3 percent unemployment -- that is the biggest joke there is in this country. … The unemployment rate is probably 20 percent, but I will tell you, you have some great economists that will tell you it's a 30, 32. And the highest I've heard so far is 42 percent."

pearlselby and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

There are all kinds of ways to make a bad situation look better. One example is someone laid off from a 40 hour a week job exhausts their benefits. They get 2 part time jobs and now they are employed, right?

"The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little changed at 6.0 million in January but was down by 796,000 over the year. These individuals, who would have preferred full-time employment, were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find full-time jobs. (See table A-8.)

In January, 2.1 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, little different from a year earlier. (The data are not seasonally adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey. (See table A-16.)
    Among the marginally attached, there were 623,000 discouraged workers in January,essentially unchanged from a year earlier. (The data are not seasonally adjusted.)Discouraged workers are persons not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The remaining 1.5 million persons marginally attached
    to the labor force in January had not searched for work for reasons such as school attendance or family responsibilities. (See table A-16.)"

"Retail trade added 58,000 jobs in January, following essentially no change in December. Employment rose in general merchandise stores (+15,000), electronics and appliance stores (+9,000), motor vehicle and parts dealers (+8,000), and furniture and home furnishing stores (+7,000). Employment in retail trade has increased by 301,000 over the past 12 months, with motor vehicle and parts dealers and general merchandise stores accounting for nearly half of the gain.

Employment in food services and drinking places rose in January (+47,000). Over
    the year, the industry has added 384,000 jobs."

"Health care continued to add jobs in January (+37,000), with most of the increase occurring in hospitals (+24,000). Health care has added 470,000 jobs over the past 12 months, with about two-fifths of the growth occurring in hospitals. Manufacturing added 29,000 jobs in January, following little employment change in
    2015. Over the month, job gains occurred in food manufacturing (+11,000), fabricated metal products (+7,000), and furniture and related products (+3,000).

Employment in financial activities rose in January (+18,000). Job gains occurred in credit intermediation and related activities (+7,000).

Private educational services lost 39,000 jobs in January due to larger than normal seasonal layoffs.

Employment in transportation and warehousing decreased by 20,000 in January. Most of the loss occurred among couriers and messengers (-14,000), reflecting larger than usual layoffs following strong seasonal hiring in the prior 2 months.

Employment in mining continued to decline in January (-7,000). Since reaching a peak in September 2014, employment in the industry has fallen by 146,000, or 17 percent.

Employment in professional and business services changed little in January(+9,000), after increasing by 60,000 in December. Within the industry, professional and technical services added 25,000 jobs over the month, in line with average monthly gains over the prior 12 months. Employment in temporary help services edged down in January (-25,000), after edging up by the same amount in December.

Employment in other major industries, including construction, wholesale trade,and government, changed little over the month.

The average workweek for all employees on private non farm payrolls rose by 0.1hour to 34.6 hours in January. The manufacturing workweek edged up by 0.1 hour to 40.7 hours, and factory overtime was unchanged at 3.3 hours. The average work week for production and non supervisory employees on private non farm payrolls
    was unchanged at 33.8 hours. (See tables B-2 and B-7.)

In January, average hourly earnings for all employees on private non farm payrolls increased by 12 cents to $25.39. Over the year, average hourly earnings have risen by 2.5 percent. In January, average hourly earnings of private-sector production and non supervisory employees rose by 6 cents to $21.33. (See tables B-3
    and B-8.)"

From Employment Situation Summary

The above is January's, to find February's when it is issued search for"
    US Department of Labor Bureau of Statistics + Unemployment Summary

Then click this:
    Employment Situation Summary - Bureau of Labor Statistics

pearlselby likes this.
  7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have Rules for Radicals on my kindle app for iPad. Was a pretty fascinating read and a Christmas gift from my son who is an AR-15/Glock owning PhD who lives in Austin.

I'm mostly apolitical so the labels of R/D/Lib/Con don't really sway my reading material. I will say that the radical (insert word for democrat here)s of the mid century were very different from the modern day (use word from above) radicals.

3M-TA3, Yard Dart and pearlselby like this.
  8. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@pearlselby
    Filter through the baloney and it's quite odd they would furnish it.

pearlselby likes this.
  10. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7