Savage 22 question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tedrow42, Dec 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Ok so i dont know much about rifles i have a guy that is offering me a mark II bv he says with a scope and 200 rds for 350. It looks great i just dont know if its a good price. Bolt action mag fed

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Figure New Price is in the $480US Range... You decide...

3. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Ok yeah thats a good price are they good guns though? I read alot about ppl wanting 10/22 but idk what that is

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

5. well there was a brand new wood stock one at big 5 i think for 195 i 3 weeks ago (gone now) but it wasn't more than 200 that I'm sure what kind of scope? i have a savage 64 i got for 159 10 round autoloader only shot cci's through ti but it hits barely on the outer edge of the rim the firing pin almost not even touching the bullet (but haven't had a ftf yet)

6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

The 10/22 is a specific model of .22 by Ruger. Considered by many to be the gold standard of .22 rifle. With a bull barrel (thicker walled barrel, various lengths, usually quite a bit more accurate) and a couple of other additions, they are a very nice, incredibly accurate rifle. The 10 refers to the 10 round magazine.

If, however, I misread your post about not knowing what that was our what they were, I apologize as I promise I wasn't trying to talk down to you if you knew what a 10/22 was.

Brokor and Tully Mars like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I am a huge 10/22 fan.... the Ruger product is great in that caliber!!

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Not sure what kind of scope and that helps @DarkLight i thoughr it was a savage made gun. I think @Yard Dart s post sold me on it. Now to find the gf a pink pistol 22 or 380 witch is what started this quest... thanks every one

9. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

I think the Savage Mk II is the most underrated .22 on the market. You can't accessorize it like a 10/22, but it's a dang good rifle.

Yard Dart likes this.
  10. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

Savage .22' s have a reputation for accuracy, but are known to have problems with feeding from the magazine. A CZ 452 or 455 is better in every way but I am not sure that you can still find them for that price. They are probably 4-500 now.
    In addition to the 10/22 Ruger has anew Bolt action called the Ruger American Rifle. They are a bolt action and reports are good on them and they are about the same price or less than the Savage you mentioned. If you like the Savage that is not a bad price.

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ruger now has a drop in trigger for the 10/22 with an 3# pull, Around 89.99, Just say'n.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Its a beautiful gun, does the bolt action have feeding issues? It will be a squirrel gun for the biggest part and something to plink with so feeding won't be a big problem.

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Many of the Bolt Action Rifles in .22LR were patterned after the venerable Model 52 Winchester, and it's Little Brother, the Model 69A..... I am lucky to have both, in my Weapons Locker. The Model 69A was my Birthday Present from my parents, on my 12th Birthday. The Model 52 pre A was purchased by my Father, so that he could accompany me, to their MANDATED NRA Marksmanship Program at our local InDoor Gun Range. He gave it to me when He and Mother, moved from our Family Home to a Condo, after he reTIRED. These are two of the BEST OF CLASS, for this Class of Rifle.

Brokor, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  14. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

Yes, some of the bolt actions have feeding issues. I do not know the details but you could check at Rimfire.com. Some guys like them anyway, or don't have trouble.

tedrow42 likes this.
  15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

DSC00098.JPG This is my Savage MKII with a Bushnell 4x scope. It's dependable, rugged, easy to maintain and clean, functions flawlessly, light weight, and affordable. I bought this years ago for a little over $100 and it is now selling for twice the price I paid retail. You can't go wrong with it.

16. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Nice gun @Brokor the one I am after is wood grain, might be on hold now gfs truck is having a few problems.

1. natshare
  2. Oddcaliber
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Brokor
  5. Brokor
  6. RouteClearance
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Oddcaliber
  9. Oltymer
  10. AD1
  11. Lekdro
  12. Motomom34