Saw some awesome knives today(Lot's of Pics)

Discussion in 'Blades' started by melbo, Oct 22, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

At a little local Fall Fair.

All Damascus, Forges by him. Every handle was unique too... He had Ivory, antler, Walrus Penile bone, etc. And his hands were so cobbled up by arthritis that you would think the guy couln't tie his shoes. Just Awesome. Been forging blades for 35 years.

I'd give his website but he doesn't have one. Doesn't have a phone either. Just an address and no camera!

Here are some and the pics came out pretty bad. Overcast day in a dark tent
    dsc00181_165. dsc00180_144. dsc00182_117. dsc00183_169. dsc00184_200. dsc00185_910. dsc00186_145. dsc00187_122. dsc00188_109.

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Cool pics.....
    Those little fairs are a great place to find to some cool craftsmen and women....
    How were the prices on those knives?....

Did Uncle Melbo buy anything????????

3. melbo

$350 to $650... I was tempted to buy the celtic dagger even after he cut the price from $400 to $350 but refrained... There's always tomorrow.. lol. but then there is also a gun show..
    I'm prolly better off going to buy that knife. I'd spend that at the g show anyway on stupid stuff like ammo [afro]

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Neat stuff! I go through that too, where a $1k knife will just sit around but I'll shoot the hell out of a $1k gun. ;)

5. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Buy the knife melbo, buy the knife. It'll last a hell of a lot longer than most guns by the look of it.

Damn I wish I had more money...there's one knife there I'd almost kill to own.

6. melbo

which one T? I'm just curious. and I'll get a size on it tomorrow. [peep]

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Beautiful knives. You can't beat the look of Damascus.

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Didn't see this till now so it's probably too late...it had the celtic symbol on the hilt. I couldn't see anything else but being Irish that of course caught my eye. Plus what I saw of it looked nice.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7