Second Amendment School: Americans Don’t Have Right to Bear Arms

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by tulianr, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Apr 9, 2013
    By Todd Starnes

The father of a Connecticut child is furious after discovering that his son’s school is teaching students that Americans don’t have a Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“I am appalled,” said Steven Boibeaux, of Bristol. “It sounds to me like they are trying to indoctrinate our kids.”

Boibeaux’s son is an eighth grader at Northeast Middle School. On Monday his social studies teacher gave students a worksheet titled, ‘The Second Amendment Today.’

“The courts have consistently determined that the Second Amendment does not ensure each individual the right to bear arms,” the worksheet states. “The courts have never found a law regulating the private ownership of weapons unconstitutional. amendment-224x300.

The worksheet, published by Instructional Fair, goes on to say that the Second Amendment is not incorporated against the states.

“This means that the rights of this amendment are not extended to the individual citizens of the states,” the worksheet reads. “So a person has no right to complain about a Second Amendment violation by state laws.”

According to the document, the Second Amendment “only provides the right of a state to keep an armed National Guard.”

Boibeaux said he discovered the worksheet as he was going over his son’s homework assignments.

“I’m more than a little upset about this,” he told Fox News. “It’s not up to the teacher to determine what the Constitution means.”

Mat Staver, the founder and chairman of the Liberty Counsel, called the lesson propaganda – that is “absolutely false.”

“In fact, the US Supreme Court has affirmed that the Second Amendment ensures the individual the right to bear arms,” Staver told Fox News. “The progressive interpretation of the Second Amendment is that it doesn’t give you the right to bear arms – that it’s a corporate right of the government – but that has been rejected by the Courts.”

Boibeaux’s son’s teacher also told the students that the Constitution is a “living document.”

As noted in the worksheet provided to students – that means “the interpretation changes to meet the needs of the times.”

“The judges and courts of each generation provide the interpretation of the document,” the worksheet states.

Boibeaux called that concept mind-boggling.

It’s not up to the teacher to determine what the Constitution means,” he said. “If you want to learn about the Constitution, recite it word for word.”

Staver said the idea that the Constitution is a living document is another progressive tactic.

“This idea that this school is propagating that the Constitution can simply be changed at the whim of someone – or that the Second Amendment does not protect the individual right to bear arms is absolute propaganda and absolutely false,” Staver said.

Boibeaux said he’s demanding meetings with the principal as well as the board of education.

“I just don’t appreciate this as a parent,” he said. “I expect teachers to teach my kids and tell the truth – not what they think their point of view is.”

Ellen Solek, the superintendent of the school district, told Fox News they have now decided to pull the assignment from the classroom.

“It is no longer an assignment in that particular school,” she said, noting that it was an “administration decision in the best interest of the district.”

She refused to answer any questions about the content of the lesson, how it became a part of the curriculum or how many students were assigned the lesson. She also refused to acknowledge whether the school will apologize to students and parents.

“No comment, thank you,” she said.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The public school system is nothing but an indoctrination campus for the left's point of view- driven top down from DC. As a parent, you have to be engaged and aware of everything they are putting in front of the children. This continual distortion of fact's are coming from every direction every day, and the children are just getting programmed, if you let them (schools, teachers & .gov) continue this injustice. These lesson plans are probably implemented district wide- if not on a larger scale. It is all part of their agenda to undermine the constitution thru a generational shift on the views of our children, for what our country is founded upon and our constitutional right's as citizens. They want obiedient drones that don't question authority..

ColtCarbine, VHestin and ghrit like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I dare say that Mr. Boibeaux should be demanding to see the State Board of Education as well as the local folks in charge of curricula. As a minimum, an open letter to the state board, and self published if the local fish wrappers won't print it, would be a good thing. The NRA might even pay the publishing costs, if no other way than buying a full page ad in said fish wrapper. (Just to prove that money counts more to the publisher than factual reporting.)

Brokor likes this.
  4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

*scratches head*

Ya know, the school is right if you think about this for a second. When a state with anything less than "Constituitional Carry" for its firearm laws, has in effect nullified the Second Ammendment.

Why ? foosed

Because they have taken a right, converted it into a privilege and charged a fee for it. hissyfit

5. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Call the NRA!

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Obviously, whoever published this "document" is WAY OUT OF TOUCH, with the SCOTUS Rulings in Heller and McDonald. This needs to be brought to the Attention of the Teacher, Principal, District Administrator, School Board, and State Department of Education. If I was this Parent, I would be down at that School, "Raising HeLL", as I type this. The above named Folks would "Rue the Day" they tried to teach MY Child, such Blatant False Information. I have "Been There, and Done That" in the Past, and would have NO Hesitation in doing it Again..... .....

Yard Dart and JABECmfg like this.
  7. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

My kid's school already hates me. The Principal has, more than once, turned and gone down a side-hall when she's seen me coming and I had no business with her that day. It takes a lot to get me going but when I do I don't pull punches. It's made it a little hard on my kids though, even though there's supposed to be a "no retaliation" policy...whatever.

8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Good Deal, schools are only as good as the Parents.

Been there, had one special ed teacher that was "GREATLY INSULATED" when I told her, in an open meeting, that the kids had learned how to be dumb from the teachers thus the dumber the kid the more attention they got. They were enabling raising welfare kids for all eternity.

Long Story but my kid left that class and was succesful in mainstream classes.

JABECmfg and tulianr like this.
  9. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

If she said "greatly insulated", I hope she wasn't teaching English...

10. HK_User

She just might have said Insulted, then agin I was too busy laughing at her previous statement about the test they ran on the kid.

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

[......

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Uh...yeah. I say, make them answer. Make them answer at any cost. Hold them accountable, and make them each pay dearly. Make them unemployed, as they deserve to be. This is an obvious attempt to undermine the republic and liberty.

As for the school, this is clearly the type of garbage we have come to expect from public education, and that's just sad. Burn it all down.

JABECmfg likes this.
  13. HK_User

My kid was only 5 and I did not allow them to make a welfare child of him. He was a bit young to be a part of their "no retaliation" policy. But I was not and I had my own retaliation policy which I went all ahead flank into. After all he was only there due to a speech problem and they wanted to do a frontal lobotomy procedure on a innocent. I never saw that Teacher in the school system again, after I was through with them.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Of course she wasn't. She was teaching Sociology or Economics. biglaff

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Actually, she was so "insulated" she was dialectically opposed.

16. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

"We, the ignorant, led by the unknowing, will easily believe any garbage that is fed to us...."
    :(

VHestin and Tracy like this.
  17. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So glad to see the parents taking an effort to know what is going on the kids school. While I'm not part of the PTA, I do keep active in my daughters school with other things.

18. HK_User

The PTA in most schools is just a ShowBoat aka Dog and Pony Show. Movers and shakers like such attractions. I'm more of a watch, wait, record and strike type of person.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7