Science fiction my ass

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by oil pan 4, Jun 13, 2018.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Something remindedme of this the other day.
    Max Headroom (TV series) - Wikipedia

Tell me is this reminds you of anything:
    "In the future, an oligarchy of television networks rules the world. Even the government functions primarily as a puppet of the network executives, serving mainly to pass laws — such as banning "off" switches on televisions — that protect and consolidate the networks' power. Television technology has advanced to the point that viewers' physical movements and thoughts can be monitored through their television sets".

Just change "future" to "currently" then "television" to "mobile device" or "social media accounts" where appropriate.

2. ochit

ochit Monkey+

There have been books written on this and all the connections, problem is people read for entertainment or present day gossip interoffice turmoil or sexcapades. Through the visual arts we are being entertained and not educated when we are told we are being informed we are actually being led, into a blind alley.

The part I so dearly love is that you can tell people any truth and they will fight tooth and nail to reserve the right to remain ignorant and believe the lie that was issued them with their voter registration card, and that is an accusation of all parties all of them have their reasons for allowing their followers to fly blind because if we all knew the truth we would have the power and run our own lives.

Ura-Ki and Lancer like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

<---- my avatar says it all.

BenP and ochit like this.
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

The politics of Obedience... Introduction by Murray N. Rothbard

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7