Scouts send a message with a new merit badge.

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Mindgrinder, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

For what it's worth...i actually have to live with discrimination for being a "country hick" and it hit home pretty hard the last couple weeks. I moved to a new department at my office where none of the "authorities" (sups/managers) knew me at all....Me = John Deer hat, wax canvas duster, docs&cowboy boots, smoking rollies and cussing....80% of them are metrosexual liberals and immigrants, the other 20% homosexuals/LGBT etc. I'm the ONLY redneck country boy in the dept.
    Last week one of the brown lady sups came up to me and asked "how are things working out for you here?" to which I replied "I must be doing somethin' right cuz nobody has come and spanked me yet..." - She decided to fling an email off to my former boss saying that I made inappropriate sexual comments regarding "spanking" to her. (Political correctness as a weapon). - She was actually hoping/thinking this would get me fired or make me fearful of her "authority". To make a long story short - my old boss called down the thunder on her from on high and she got b-slapped from a VP with a rolled stack of my outrageously high production stats...then told how "lucky" they were to have me. :) She's been sooo nice ever since.

Anyway...point i was making is that they REALLY don't know any better....living in a 700 square foot apartment that is so small the kids hear mom and dad having a romp once a week is NORMAL to them...the gay pride "Superhero" child-luring themed gay parade is NORMAL to them...I don't hate them because it's not their fault. They are conditioned this way. Immigrants and women have a sense of "privilege" where they think they can pull out the race/sex/genderbender card whenever they please to get what they want and it's pathetic.

MG

Ganado, Sapper John, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  2. Mindgrinder

I quit highschool in grade 9 and got charged with "truancy" 2x. (it's a crime to quit school before age 16 in Canada).
    Got into business college by passing an entrance exam.
    The word for people like me is "autodidact".

Ganado likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I dropped out in the 10th grade because I was so bored the Teachers had not a clue what to do with me. Got into University because they couldn't keep me out no matter how hard they tried. I was grandfathered in due to the many College Courses I had collected one at a time as I needed them in the Mil or for Civvy work.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Mindgrinder likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Tunneled under the fence again?;)

Tully Mars likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Scouts grow up to be defenders of this great nation........

[​IMG]

HK_User, Mindgrinder and Tully Mars like this.
  6. HK_User

Nope, beat down the front door and aced their rinky dink English and Math entrance exam.

kellory, Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  7. HK_User

BTW, they classified me as a Freshman and said I had too live on Campus, that never happened.

8. Mindgrinder

Least we have something in common...
    2nd "truancy" court date I avoided until after I turned 16 and they had to drop the charges....I knew this going in from my lawyer and refused to take off my hat when the judge requested...and when he fined me for contempt I spit on the floor. Was very embarrassing for my grandmother.....she kicked my @55 and took away my car keys for a month.

HK_User likes this.
  9. HK_User

I missed all that, turned my school books in, went to the recruiter took the test and joined the Mil, no regrets.

Finally, a plan with no limits and no BS wimps.

10. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Quit in the 11th grade on my 17th birthday and joined the army. GED'd HS and 2 year college while in basic and had no problem getting admitted to college upon discharge. Never actually got a HS diploma, but did get a Masters Degree...

HK_User, Yard Dart, BTPost and 5 others like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and a PHD, in BadGuy Spotting, as well, I bet.....

12. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Nah...it was in BS detecting...
    [peep]

BTPost and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

I surly understand the BS Detecting.

At the point that I decided to get my degree I applied in the usual formal way. I forget all the actual "Whoa Boy you can not enter here" BS but one fact was that I never took a SAT. It did not seem to matter with the PTB that I meet the State requirements to take any Undergraduate Classes they had due to previous successful State College Courses, some at the senior level and none I had taken were of the UNDERWATER BASKET WEAVING variety.

Being raised by some hard nosed Farm Folks meant that I was not easily discouraged. I managed to get in and then was told I had a hold and had to take their "Reading Comprehension and Math test. I looked around a bit and saw that I was grandfathered in yet again due to my past experience, GPA and havering completed a GED, with a Diploma from my State, while in the service. None of that mattered so I just plowed ahead and took their rinky dink test. It was a pass or fail set of test, but by now I had figured out that the fix was in and I needed to Ace them (Ace to me means pass beyond reproach). I took the test in the slow period right after a winter graduation. And I had scoped out the testing facility. A computer lab with great computers and a lone proctor was my blank canvas. The proctor looked to be a Freshman but knowledgeable and friendly. She produced the test and and pointed me to an empty seat at a table. Hmm, I ask, may I use a computer? Sure she said but most just hand write the test.

Then it dawned on me why the fail rate was so high on this Gig (I had done a bit of research on the fail rate of this test.). Applicants were graded and expected to produce college level work but most thought a quick trip to the test site and they'd be OK, but they would end up with no proof of their skill level. They could not protest a Pass/No Pass grade.

I took the test, did the whole ball game and turned in my test. The proctor made the statement "You sure took a long time!". I ask is there a time limit? No she said but most are only in here a few minutes. That seemed to be the way of most College students, but then they didn't really care. I just shrugged and said thanks. Say, may I print my work? I ask. Done deal in a few seconds I had my test work in hand, exactly what I wanted to walk out with.

Oh, the Proctor, She was the Head of the English Department!

I received my "WELCOME, all holds are off" letter a few weeks later. But they weren't through playing head games yet.

I was a non traditional student and went back to school mostly so my kids knew I considered it a needed key to live life a bit easier and not bust up your body along the way.

I actually enjoyed the practice of the classes, just more PTB BS that I had already experienced in life and easy to circumvent the petty Bureaucrats.

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7