Secession petitions filed in 20 states after the election.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 12, 2012.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Fertilises and trims the course I imagine.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

3. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Loads of them. Two with a school district in my area.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Anyone know if any of these have gone anywhere or were they mostly symbolic?

5. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Only texas has the legal right to seceed. It was reserved, in writing, when they joined the union. For all others, it was a one way trip, sad to say. :(

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We are selling the state of Louisiana to Texas...In for the Win !!!

CATO and VisuTrac like this.
  8. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Some petition will not lead to secession. That needs to be enacted at the state level on a state by state basis and the state legislatures would have to vote (and Easter Washington would have to vote to become part of Idaho or create a new country with Eastern Oregon). The petitions have not bearing since the states voted to join the union.

9. kellory

All petitioning states, should donate themselves to texas, and become...T E X A S.;)

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

"The republic of Texas" isn't just a catch phrase.

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

One thing I notice with these petitions is that people from different states sign them. I think all people should only sign for the state they live in. I haven't signed any of these. I get real leery of signing petitions to the White House. Data mining pops in my mind.

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

A typical petition by the people:
    "We want this." -signed 250,000 people

A typical response:
    "No." -signed The White House

Good luck protesting tyranny.

gunbunny and CATO like this.
  13. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Yes, but the stipulation is that it had to be broken up into 5 parts.

14. kellory

Not quite. I did some digging and found this "TEXAS V.WHITE"...."The court's opinion (with four justices supporting and two dissenting) was delivered on April 12, 1869, by Chief Justice Salmon Chase, a former cabinet member underAbraham Lincoln"....MAJORITY OPINION "When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.[7] "
    Therefore, even Texas has no legal escape. The petitions are a foregone conclusion.:(

15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

the we the people thing is just a way for the administration to let people vent and think their concerns are being heard. It's a management tool, kinda like the suggestion box at work. It keeps mgmt abreast of issues that could blow up on them, they obfuscate issues that they have created but want to continue, but make a big show over little things to make the 'serfs' think that they are making a difference. Every once and a while a good suggestion comes in, that's a win win so they will push that too.

But a real meaty issue like seriously reduce spending and entitlements .. nope
    State secession .. nope
    build a death star .. nope but well be funny about saying no.
    seriously investigate Fast and Furious .. nope
    investigate benghazi .. nope
    give you the recipe for White House honey ale .. maybe if you are nice.

in one word. Farce.

CATO likes this.
  16. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

17. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Absolutely, it's a distraction.

18. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Official White House response:

The Finger.

So what's your next move???