Seeking feedback from the Monkey hive mind.....

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by DKR, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Your updates are destroying the untold wealth I envision.

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I have posted samples on multiple websites.

I refuse to 'do facebook' fro any number of reasons.

I've posted stuff to the Baen Bar site - no bites.

Submitted to Scott Card's e-zine, they want stuff that is under 17,500 words. Writing short stories is a killer, still working on it...

You got a suggestion, I'm open.

If I can't get this going again, I'll put the WoC series on the Amazon share, That might bring in some dough....

3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Hopefully, those who have purchased it will make a point to do a review. I see here, in the Resources I upload, tons of downloads, but only a few reviewers have posted, to inform others of the quality of the downloaded files.

LOL.

4. DKR

I am LMAO.

Amazon indie authors have several tiers

The new Indies sell, on average, two books. Yes, two.

The next tier seems to hit around 400 sales or so.

The ones that hit it big sell over 1000 books a month. The guy that wrote the story for "The Martin" went from 1000 a month to 1000s a month - and the $ that goes with that.

Even with Zimmy's help, still not making the impact hoped for....

Zimmy likes this.
  5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Lemme keep fleshing out my The Darkening world and you can help me put some people in it. A new type of apocalypse aught to draw some interest.

I got the situations and plotlines but the people just ain't telling me their story. At best I have newspaper clippings.

Imaginary friends are a pain in the ass sometimes.

Motomom34, chelloveck and DKR like this.
  6. DKR

Esp if you keep getting the silent treatment.... Give me a bit of an outline for a character and I can gin up some winners for ya. You got my # - any Mon or Fri or on the weekend, just drop me a note so I can be near the fone...

Zimmy likes this.
  7. DKR

Well, just enrolled the first 3 books of the World of the Chernyi series in KDP select. Since it's been almost 60 days with no sales, I figured it might bring in some $ and maybe some sales of books 4 thru 6.

I guess that's part of the problem writing for a niche market, petty soon you run out of niche....

I'll report back if this move generates any income.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What is KDP select?

9. DKR

KDP select places your (digital) book in a 'lending library' - folks get to read it at no cost past the subscription fees.

The author gets paid on a 'per page viewed' - so if they read the entire book, you get X, if they only read half, then lose interest, less. The book remains for sale on the main site, so no loss from that venue.

I figure a little is better than zip - and it gets the first three books out there at no cost to me and the reader is only 'borrowing' the book, so there is a potential for a sale. A very small potential.

I'll report back if these generate any dough. I'm lucky, I've really have sold a lot of books, but by Amazon standards, I'm just a piker...

Zimmy likes this.
  10. DKR

Well, went back and changed the prices again - mostly lower.

Books sales are up.

I give up.

I did change the Heart's True Flight to YA Romance.

I'll see if that does anything

Zimmy and Ganado like this.
  11. BenP

BenP Monkey++

The amazon description for World of the Chërnyi: First Strike! has a bunch of words run together.

Diverted from a routine training exercise, the crew of Pedro Six Two isplunged into danger as they are sent hurtling into the teeth of ahowling blizzard on a mercy mission. The mission is completed, althoughat a terrible cost, stranding them hundreds of miles from home.

The situation becomes dire when the area is smashed by an unknown forcefrom space, leaving their V-22 Osprey damaged beyond use. Facing theloss of power, communications and growing chaos, the crew must now makesome very hard choices.

The first in a six book series, FirstStrike follows one of the crew, Lieutenant Albert Drake of the R.A.F.Search and Rescue Service. He quickly partners with Nora Richmond, anurse from the hospital. Together, the pair faces many dangers in anattempt to reach property owned by Nora. A place where they might avoidthe worst of the insanity now burning up the world....

When the havoc finally lands on their doorstep, all bets are off.

Zimmy likes this.
  12. DKR

I've 'fixed' that several times.
    It's a constant battle with the site and how it posts text.

Thanks for taking a look.

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7