Segway + Dummy = sniper training

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kckndrgn, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNoJrIOREeo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNoJrIOREeo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll take 3 please. This is really cool!

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Nice! Bullets holes everywhere LOL

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Well that's amazing. "When one robot gets hit [shot], the other robots react." -WOW.

They can even play hostage/captor and sense others in their way, communicate with each other, rove around...

That's a fun little training program right there!

4. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Dreaded red X. Can you post a link or something?

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

6. Snake Plisken

Snake Plisken Monkey+

The guy's that came up with this are no dummies...[ghrit]

Call me Snake.

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

This system just screams - Mall Security! [winkthumb]

No more need for those pizza and beer swilling "Tacticool Mall Ninjas"....... [ROFL]

Seriously though - an armed version would make an interesting security system for big warehouses, ports, storage yards, etc.

8. Pauly Walnuts

Pauly Walnuts Monkey++

Bad arse, love a shot at this!

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It doesn't worry me so much when the semi-intelligent segway robots are the targets, but when the segway robots are armed with ball, and with some kind of IFF system...I'm thinking WESTWORLD!!!!!

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Or "Skynet Light"........ :rolleyes:

11. XR750

XR750 Monkey+

That's a cool setup can't wait for them come to the states. This will be a fun game.
    XR750

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I can see the principles behind this system being used to stand off automate a number of weapons platforms and logistics systems.

For instance, instead of human drivers running the IED gauntlet along MSR's it is conceivable that a segway type guidance system might take the flak, instead of meat and bone.

There may be some advantages, but the battlefield is becoming automated to the point thatvhuman influence of a highly complex and hostile environment is being lost (Not that a battlefield is humanly controllable)....I'm thinking West World on a truly mechanised industrial scale, instead of Yul Brynner with a dinky 6 shooter.

YouTube - WESTWORLD - 1973 - TRAILER

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7