1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Selecting an anvil

Discussion in 'Blades' started by BigUglyOne, Jul 8, 2007.

1. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

I found this on Ebay - It has some great information - if you find this information useful, go to the link at the end and paypal him $.99. I thought it was ! [winkthumb]

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

This is a great summary in case you don't want to purchase or read the books mentioned... Anvils in America is pretty big... and Mousehole isn't that bad...
    and Ken is a great guy!

He has an ebay site and has alot of practical and good quality items.... actually has a shop down Melbo's way I believe.... he's been very helpful to me and is always willing to help out with advice and ideas..... a straight shooter .... no bull and no fluff....[winkthumb]
  3. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

I have one of the dreaded harbor freight anvils. I can say that I have little basis for comparison, but the one I have is a 55 lb anvil. It was cheap and it works alright. It really bounces more than I would like. And I really need to bind it to something more heavy. The platform I attached it to is failing so I need to rebuild it.
    I am working on finishing my first knife. I always seem to forget to take pictures.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary